Are you lacking in self-confidence? Or perhaps there are some mistakes from your past that keeps you from trying again today? And maybe somewhere within you, there is a lingering sense of inferiority and the tendency to compare yourself to the people around you. These are all parts of the cycle of negativity that could slowly destroy you.
Sure, we have been disappointed in our pursuits of the things our hearts desire before. We can’t seem to find some space within us to forgive the mistakes we have made in the past. Every time we make an attempt to improve our livelihood, we are haunted by the guilt that keeps on coming back to us.
As we grow up, we are bound to meet new people and challenges. That is only natural. But the more we are committed to growth and to become better than we were yesterday, the more vulnerable we are to encounter mistakes and failures.
The act of self-love needs to start from us. We need to bring down the walls that stop us from truly appreciate who we are and what we are capable of. Learn to move forward by living in the present and walk away from the people who are bringing us down and fill our heads with negativity.
Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are. – Stephanie Lahart
Of course, there is not a single right answer for this, but here are the things that I have followed that helps me to fall back in love with myself.
1. Learn to forgive your past and move forward by living in the present.
2. Embrace your past as part of what makes who you are today.
3. Learn to forgive others.
4. Celebrate your success to remind yourself of what you are capable of.
5. Explore new hobbies and interests that make you feel good and happy.
6. Practice to offer help to other people without expecting anything in return.
7. Learn to trust your feelings.
8. Start taking chances again at what you have failed before.
9. Don’t let go of the dreams that are important to you.
10. Stop trying to make everyone loves you. Focus on the few who will stand beside you no matter what happens.
11. Start monitoring your thoughts. Focus on the positive and less on the negative thoughts.
12. Take a few days off from the internet.
13. Put on inspirational and motivational posters on the walls in your bedroom.
14. Write down what is special about you.
15. Take a walk and reflect on your life; what you have learned and achieved so far as well as your accomplishments and progress towards your goals.
16. Surround yourself with good, positive people.
17. Take a break and maybe go for a holiday…alone.
18. Start a blog or a journal to record your thoughts, progress and achievements.
19. Focus on the good things about you.You might be surprised!
20. Trust yourself to explore new ideas and opportunities.
21. Start making the changes you know you need to make.
22. Live and be in the present and not the past and the future.
23. Be your own booster through positive thoughts and actions.
24. Start exercising and eating healthy food.
25. Practice being honest with yourself.
26. Start paying more attention to self-care through meditation and self-reflection.
27. Accept your weaknesses and build up your strengths.
28. Start practicing to be the kind of person you want to love.
29. Start believing that you deserve the best for yourself.
30. Learn to be grateful with who you are and what you have today.
The way you think about yourself will affect your overall attitude towards life. If you spend some time to do some, if not all the things in the list, you will be able to discover more wonderful things about yourself to celebrate. So the question is, how will you love yourself more today?
Featured photo credit: woman/unsplash via pixabay.com