Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
6 Brain Boosting Herbs To Improve Your Productivity
Does your brain feel tired sometimes?
Do you sometimes feel that your brain’s capacity is not up your daily demands?
Do you sometimes become forgetful because your brain is overtaxed?
Is your memory sometimes weak?
Can focusing be difficult for you some of the time?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you are like the rest of us, struggling to be productive in an extremely fast paced and complex world.
The good news is that there are ways to protect your brain from excessive demands so that you can function at your best.
How To Help An Overtaxed Brain
Lifestyle choices make a big difference in your mental resilience. Poor food and unhealthy daily practices are an unnecessary burden to your body including your brain – like trying to jog with 50 pound weights.
However, we all know that our circumstances are less than ideal and that we cannot always make ideal choices
Medicinal herbs can overcome excessive amounts of stress and lifestyle challenges to help you function at your best. Here is a list of herbs for the brain that will help you get rid of those 50 pound weights.
6 Top Brain Herbs
- Brahmi is the top herb for rejuvenating the brain and nervous system. It helps the left and right sides of the brain to work together. Brahmi improves all aspects of mental functioning including the ability to learn new information, to retain what we learn and our ability to remember.Brahmi packs a double whammy of benefits because it supports our intelligence while reducing the effects of stress on the brain. It offers 4 primary benefits:
- improved capacity for attention and focus,
- improved ability to withstand emotional stress
- reduction in nervousness and anxiety
- improved immune system function.
Brahmi also helps with insomnia, helps prevent senility, and heals adrenal grands debilitated by stress which can lead to adrenal burnout. Although brahmi is sometimes called gotu kola in english, gotu kola is actually a different herb.
- Gotu kola is another herb that has high impact on brain functioning. Known as mandukaparni in sanskrit, it also balances the brain and helps all aspects of brain functioning, but is best known for its ability to improve blood circulation and memory.
- Ashwaghandha is another top herb for the brain. It reduces the effects of overwork and is one of the best for promoting mental clarity and cognitive functioning. It boosts the brain’s memory and is very helpful in supporting the immune system.Ashwaghandha does wonders for nervous exhaustion and protects the brain against brain cell deterioration. It is an important protective herb.
- Vacha which means “speech” is an important herb for the brain. It promotes better concentration, clarity and speech. It has a stimulating effect which means that it treats depression and mental sluggishness. Vacha promotes mental clarity and a strong memory at the same time it detoxifies brain tissues.
- Tagara known as Indian valerian helps emotional and nervous conditions.
- Tulsi oxygenates the brain and improves circulation which improves feelings of well-being and mental cognition.
Essential Oils For The Brain
Essential oils are an excellent way to treat mental fatigue and to boost your mental capacity. Here are three that can be a useful supplement to herbal remedies for times when you need to stimulate your brain.
- Rosemary is a bright and sharp essence that improves clarity in the mind and emotions.
- Peppermint is stimulating It enlivens the mind and is one of the best oils to boost energy, creativity and learning.
- Basil improves mental fatigue and focus.
Improving Your Brain’s Performance
Nourishment is essential to your brain’s functioning. The circulation of your brain and amount of oxygen in the brain are also critical for its functioning.
It is important to realize that your body is an ecological system and naturally, your brain is part of that ecology. So when you think about your lifestyle choices, you can then keep in mind that food in your stomach will affect all parts of you including your brain and mental functioning.
When you understand that your brain is part of your human ecology, then you will naturally consider its needs.
Basic health practices of good food, exercise and rest are necessary for good brain health. Relaxation techniques like meditation help as well. However, in our mentally intense modern world it helps to support your brain with herbs and essences that minimize the wear and tear of overwork and stress.
Many of the herbs listed above are available individually or in combination with others so that you can select herbs that target a specific issue or use a herbal preparation that supports general mental well-being. I find that both approaches work.
Taking care of your brain has so many benefits. A healthy brain makes good decisions and therefore supports your life. When not functioning well, your brain can create problems for you.
Essentially taking care of your brain makes your life easier. These herbs can help you get there.
(Please note: The information in this article is general information and not a substitute for medical care. As always, consult your own physician should you have any concerns.)
(Photo credit: Brain via Shutterstock)
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.