This pan-fried lamb dish is so elegant to serve either for special occasions or as a family meal, yet could be done in 20 minutes at ease. All you need is to get some fresh lamb cutlets and the herbs. Other ingredients yielded in this recipe are often kept in kitchen pantry or fridge. The lamb cutlets are tender and juicy, perfectly matched with the healthy basil sauce.
Nothing is easier than making this delicious sauce. Just pop in all the ingredients in a small electric mixer. Voilà, you’ll get the smooth, fragrant basil paste for dressing in a few seconds. Totally fuss free !
- 8 lamb cutlet, about 420 gm
- 4 baby potatoes, about 260 gm
- Salad, for serving
- 35 gm fresh basil
- 20 gm walnuts
- 30 gm parmesan cheese, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice / lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Cut potatoes into cubes, about 1.5 to 2cm in size each. Season with salt and pepper. Coat with 3 teaspoons of oil. Put in a microwave oven, covered, and cook for about 6 minutes with high power. Stop and stir thoroughly after the potatoes are cooked halfway, then continue cooking until done. Test with a knife. If it can easily poke in, it’s cooked through. Cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet or grill pan on a stove. Cook over medium high heat until both sides are nicely brown or have grill marks. The lamb cutlets are about 1 inch in thickness, cook the first side for about 4 minutes, the other side for 3 minutes to get medium rare, or adjust the cooking time to your liking. Dish up and drizzle the pesto sauce on top, immediately served with the cooked potatoes and desired salad.
- Heat walnuts in a small pan without oil, over medium low heat, until aromatic. Stir occasionally. Remove from the heat. Let it cool down.
- Put walnuts and the remaining ingredients into a small electric mixer. Process into a thick paste. It’s done.