As the summer comes to an end, it is time to focus on work and getting things done. The fall is a beautiful time of the year to stay motivated because as you approach the end of the calendar an extra charge of energy and motivation can help you to achieve your goals. The best way to stay motivated is to learn from the people that have already succeeded.
Below you’ll find some inspiration from some of the most successful people humanity has seen. It would be great to read these quotes out loud to yourself in the morning as the days get short and cold, to ensure you make the most of this last third of 2015.
The following quotes have been meticulously chosen to reflect leadership across many different fields and industries, ranging from entrepreneurship, music, and cinema to sports.
1. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
2. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. “Don’t Count the Days, Make the Days Count.” – Muhammad Ali
4. “Once a musician has enough ability to get into a top music school, the thing that distinguishes one performer from another is how hard he or she works. That’s it. And what’s more, the people at the very top don’t work just harder or even much harder than everyone else. They work much, much harder.” – Malcolm Gladwell
5. “Without passion, you don’t have energy. Without energy, you have nothing.” – Warren Buffett
6. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol
7. “Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.” – Elvis Presley
8. “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
9. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
10. “If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.” – John D Rockefeller
Do not only read these quotes once, or flip through them. You want to create real and lasting changes that will help you to achieve your goals for the year. Instead, print them and place them in a visible spot, somewhere where you look several times a day. Read them out loud and repeat them silently until they get stuck in your subconscious. Another trick is to pick the quotes from the list that you specifically want to focus on and use them as a wallpaper on your computer and other devices, such as your phone or tablet. The point is to look at them as many times as possible through the day and to internalize their meanings. Understanding and applying the insights from quotes from some of the most successful people in humanity can help you to approach life differently, which will bring you a step closer to achieving your own success. Motivational and inspirational quotes can be a great way to generate an extra bit of energy when your body needs it to keep pushing on in life- especially when the cold weather hits.
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content