It is up to you to find importance and relevance in the small things that could bring out the best in your relationship.
Here are 50 small things that relationships need to last.
- Travel and discover new places together.
- Forgive immediately.
- Forget and don’t keep a score.
- Communicate and listen more.
- Pursue your individual passions.
- Set goals as a couple.
- Pursue goals together.
- Learn to say “thank you” to the other person.
- Celebrate your victories together.
- Manage your losses together.
- Always be grateful for the other person in your life.
- Surprise the other person with a thoughtful action.
- Grow together.
- Adjust and tolerate your partner.
- Be supportive of your partner’s goals.
- Respect your partner’s space and time.
- Compliment your partner for their effort.
- Don’t hesitate to speak your mind.
- Always focus on the best in your partner.
- Be accountable and responsible for your emotions.
- Be open and willing to share everything. Fully open your heart and let your partner in.
- Be present. Be willing to give your partner your attention, your time, your soul, and your focus.
- Be silly sometimes. Don’t take everything so seriously.
- Respect each other’s friends and family.
- Look good and attractive for your mate.
- Respect each other’s privacy.
- Be responsible with money. Money has a vital role to play in your union.
- Be a lady (or a gentleman). Simple things like throwing out the thrash or getting the groceries sustains the relationship and shows that you care.
- Never give up on your relationship. Expect everything will turn out well.
- Mind your manners and be courteous.
- Adapt and be self-sufficient. Don’t ask for everything from your mate. Learn to handle yourself and deal with some of your domestics.
- Appreciate their family and friends. There is no harm in having them over every now and then.
- Be decent. Maintain good hygiene and dress properly.
- Be affectionate. Hold their hands, kiss them, and show that you really care about them.
- Be romantic. Be creative on ways to spice up your relationship. Plan a special night with your partner. Do something remarkable for them.
- Never forget their birthdays, anniversaries, or special moments. Relive those wonderful times with them.
- Admit that you are wrong. You won’t always be right. Throw away your pride and be willing to tolerate the other person – no matter what.
- Be a problem solver rather than being overly critical.
- Focus on improving yourself and becoming a better person for the your partner. Never stop giving your best in the relationship.
- Be a team player. It is not about your singular effort, but rather what you can achieve together as a team.
- Don’t be lazy in your love. There is no need to be adamant about how you feel. Always work on improving your love for the other person.
- It is your duty to be a partner and to love the other person for who they are. You cannot change them. All you can do is adore their strong qualities and be aware of their flaws.
- Be accountable for how you feel. Your partner is not a toy or a thing that is meant to make you happy. Instead, learn to treasure how you feel for them, regardless of what happens.
- Never play the blame-game. Instead, find ways to heal your pain and your partner’s also.
- Be informed. Know what makes the other person feel validated and loved.
- Be vulnerable. You may not want to show it, but your partner is there for you to admit your feelings, worries, and fears to them.
- Crack a joke and be willing to laugh at their jokes.
- Don’t be cheap. Go the extra mile and show how much you value the other person in your life.
- Be aware of their needs and wants.
- Listen, and know when silence plays a better role than speaking out.
Featured photo credit: http://www.pixabay.com via pixabay.com
Set a goal for yourself
Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook