Lemon: it’s tangy, tart, and yet a bit sweet all at the same time! It tastes as good in soup and on chicken as it does in pie and cake.
Truth be told, lemon is one of the most versatile fruits on the planet, and it can be used in so many different places. But did you know that it’s also one of the healthiest and most useful fruits on Earth?
15 Amazing Benefits of Lemon:
- Cure for acne. Lemon contains antibacterial properties that can kill off the P. acne bacteria, fight infection and inflammation, and clear clogged pores.
- Whiten your teeth. Make your own teeth whitening treatment by mixing lemon juice and baking soda, applying to it your teeth, and leaving it on for 60 seconds. The acid and sodium bicarbonate break down the coating coloring your teeth.
- Deal with dandruff. Lemon juice can kill off the bacteria causing dandruff, so apply it to your scalp with olive or coconut oil.
- Balance your pH. Lemons are surprisingly alkalinic, and they can help to balance your body’s internal pH.
- Flush your intestines. Lemons increase muscle contractions in your intestines, ensuring regular bowel movements that will flush the toxins and waste material. Just a glass of lemon water every morning can do the trick!
- Provide vital nutrients. You’ll find that these tasty citrus fruits are loaded with potassium, calcium, phosphorus, citric acid, and magnesium–all vital minerals your body cannot live without.
- Deal with inflammatory pain. Did you know that lemons can help to deal with the pain of swollen joints? It will fight off the uric acid that is causing gout, thereby reducing the presence of the crystals that makes gout such a painful problem.
- Cleanse your organs. Lemon contains citric acid, which can dissolve calcium deposits, kidney stones, and even gallstones. Flush all these potentially painful build-ups from your organs to keep them running smoothly.
- Detoxify your liver. Drinking warm lemon water is a good way to show your liver some love, as lemon helps to detoxify this vital organ. It will stimulate the production of bile, dissolve uric acid, and get rid of toxins and poisons in your body.
- Protect your heart. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C, a nutrient that has been linked to improved heart health. Vitamin C can lower blood cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, lower blood pressure, increase the production of HDL (good) cholesterol, fight off free radicals, and lower blood lipoprotein levels. All in all, it’s a very useful, heart-friendly vitamin.
- Improve brain health. Lemon peels contain a special phytonutrient called tangeretin. This potent nutrient has been proven useful at treating brain conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, as it protects the brain cells from decaying.
- Boost your immune system. Lemon is one of the best immune boosting foods, as the Vitamin C will help to fight off bacteria, parasites, fungi, and viruses in your body. It can destroy intestinal worms and even fight off cancer thanks to the 22 anti-cancer nutrients and compounds it contains.
- Soothe chapped lips. Applying a bit of lemon to your lips will help to prevent chapping, and can exfoliate the lips to remove dead skin cells. Rub lemon on at night and wash it off the next morning for the ultimate lip-healing remedy.
- Strengthen your fingernails. If your fingernails are yellow and brittle, it’s time to apply a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil. The oil and acid mixture will harden your nails, preventing them from cracking or breaking easily. It can strengthen the nail beds, and will even whiten them when they have turned yellow.
- Improve skin tone. Worried about those blemishes and dark spots on your skin? Rub a bit of lemon juice onto the dark patches, and rinse it off a few minutes later with warm water. With daily application of this remedy, you can lighten the skin and even out your skin tone.
Wow, lemons truly are some of the most useful fruits on the planet! Thanks to the Vitamin C, citric acid, and minerals it contains, you can improve your health drastically by using lemons.
Set a goal for yourself
Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook