There are many different, simple things you can do to earn more money. And who wouldn’t like a little extra money to add to their income this year? Just think of all the things you could buy with some extra side income.
Here are 10 simple tips that will put more cash in your pocket:
1. Cancel any memberships or subscriptions you don’t use. For example, do you subscribe to a magazine or a service like Netflix or Hulu? If you don’t use the subscription on a regular basis it might not be worth paying for anymore. The same goes for memberships. What about cable television? Cable is expensive and for most people it’s not even worth paying for, since there is so much media available through other methods online and through Hulu, Netflix, YouTube and torrent websites.
2. Take a look at your variable expenses, like phone bill, car insurance, groceries and gas. Can you get cheaper car insurance or cut your phone bill in half? Eating out less and being smart with how much you spend on food and health items can help save money and put more money in your pocket.
3. Go through your belongings and sell things on Craigslist, eBay or Amazon. You most likely have a couple of things laying around that you don’t use anymore or don’t really need anymore. Think of old electronics, clothing and other items that you can part with and list them online for sale. You could also look at recycling centers in your area that may allow you to recycle electronics like TVs, cameras and computers.
4. Sell unwanted things to a pawn store or to friends. Pawn stores are a great option if you want to get rid of unwanted items and make some quick cash. Pawn stores sell a variety of items that people have sold to them, so there’s a good chance they might be interested in whatever you’re trying to sell. Also, post your items on social media for friends to see. Oftentimes a friend might like to purchase something you have for sale because they can get it at a discounted price and it’s something they want or need. This is especially true with items like baby clothing and other baby items, adult and children’s clothing, purses and electronics.
5. Host a clothing swap or yard sale at your house. Charge an entrance fee for others to join and sell their belongings too. You can sell your unwanted belongings and make money on both the entrance fee and items that sell. A clothing swap or yard sale is a good way to get some friends and family involved to sell their unwanted items, then everyone can make a little extra money this way.
6. Write an e-book and sell it on Amazon and Smashwords. Writing an e-book is easier than ever. All you have to do is write your book in Microsoft Word or any other similar word processing program, upload it to Amazon, use Amazon’s cover creator and then list it for sale through their Kindle Direct Publishing site. It’s also a very easy process to upload a book to Smashwords and sell e-books there. You can make anywhere from a couple of dollars a month to considerably more depending on how many copies you sell, what you choose to charge for the e-book and the royalty that is paid out to you. It’s an easy way to make some extra money continuously.
7. Write articles for websites like Lifehack. There are several reputable article websites out there that pay per article you write. With a little time and effort you can make a little or a lot of extra money, depending on how many articles you want to write.
8. Sell your photos online. You’ve probably got tons of original photos you’ve taken on your phone, with a camera or another device throughout your life. There are several websites where you can sell your photography. Here’s a list of photo websites where you can list photos for sale:
9. Make something and sell it on Etsy. If you are crafty then Etsy is just the place for you. You can create one-of-a-kind products and sell them on Etsy. Make sure to advertise them on social media like Pinterest, which is great for specialty items, crafts, clothing and gifts.
10. Sell your plasma. Do a search to find the closest location to you that will allow you to sell your plasma. Oftentimes you can earn up to $130 for the first four times you donate plasma. Make an appointment, go in to have it done and walk out with cash in hand. You can repeatedly donate so this is something you can do occasionally to make a little extra if needed. Plasma donors should check with their local donor facility to find out how often they can donate. Donating plasma is a little more involved than donating blood and requires a little more time.
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook