Make this year’s anniversary with your significant other something special – one that will bring you closer together. This article will cover anniversary ideas that will reinforce that special bond with new memories and shared experiences. The focus is on anniversary ideas for together time at home, getting away or having a wild and crazy new experience together.
The best way to create a memorable anniversary is to do something new and different together as a couple. Stretch yourselves a bit. New experiences reinforce the shared bond you already have and create strong new memories. Just think back to the most significant memories you have right now with your spouse and imagine what new ones you can create!
While you enjoy your chosen anniversary activity be sure to keep a positive attitude and treat your partner like a king or queen that day. Leave all arguments and day to day detail behind. Just celebrate your relationship.
Anniversary Ideas: Together at home
- Spend an evening with no technology, just the two of you and maybe a board game.
- Make wine or beer together. Be sure to buy the kit ahead of time.
- Learn something new about each other. How? Try asking some of these questions.
- Breakfasts in bed, spend all day in bed taking and napping. Follow breakfast with champagne and dessert.
- Take a scenic hike where you first met.
- Play a romantic game together.
- Plan your retirement, where will you live, what will you do with your time.
- Visit model homes or open houses and plan your dream home.
- Have a special dessert – champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.
- Create a playlist of your favorite songs as a couple. Which songs tell your story.
- Write your love story. Write it together or ave each of you write your own and then bring them together in an interesting, both sides of the story format.
What is your favorite way to spend a romantic evening at home with your significant other? How could you make it even more special for your anniversary?
Anniversary Ideas: Getaways
- Take a day trip together to your favorite spot.
- Go on a scenic drive and stop at a wine and cheese bar.
- Go camping
- Take an overnight backpacking trip.
- Rent a cabin for a weekend away, in the woods or next to a lake or ocean.
- Take a wine tasting tour.
- Take a scenic train trip.
Anniversary Ideas: New experiences
- Go spelunking.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Try sky diving.
- Explore the underwater world by snorkeling or scuba diving.
- Experience White water rafting.
- Drive or hike to the highest spot nearby for a new view of the world.
- Take a wine & painting class today. These classes are easily found these days and even a beginning painter can create a nice painting.
- Visit a nearby festival you’ve always wanted to go to.
- Spend the day at an amusement park together. Laugh and carry on like teenagers.
- Take a cooking class.
- Learn to salsa dance.
(Photo credit: Wedding Ring via Shutterstock)
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook