The alarm clock spells dread in the morning whether you must get ready for work or for school. Many turn to caffeine to help them come alive, get focused, and be more productive. However, drinking too much caffeine can lead to desensitization, which makes it harder and harder to get the same feeling that you first did. Instead, it is better to find more sustainable ways to solve your morning problems.Read full content
1. End showers with cold water – it may seem like a terrible idea at first, but warm showers will actually make you more relaxed and lethargic. If you get clean with warm water, but gradually go towards a colder temperature, you will easily wake up. For the final minute, try to have water as cold as you can stand.
2. No carbs for breakfast – if you eat a lot of carbohydrates for breakfast you are going to end up crashing within a few hours. Try to eat eggs, vegetables, and some fruits instead of bagels, cereal, or similar products.
3. Wake up at the same time – if you have a varied schedule on the weekend and in the week, your body is going to be constantly trying to adjust. Set a time and leave it there for the entire week no matter what. Your body will get used to it.
SEE ALSO: What Drinking Coffee Does to You
4. Exercise – doing some form of exercise in the morning will help to ward off fatigue and it will surely wake you up.
5. Give yourself time – if you need to be awake for an important early morning meeting or test, give yourself enough time to wake up. Sleeping as long as you can might actually keep you in a daze while you are doing something important.
6. Expose your body to sunlight – natural sunlight alerts your internal clock to wake up better than artificial light
7. Stimulate your brain – spend some time thinking about another important puzzle or problem when you get out of bed and your brain will feel far more alert
How to Feel Awake in the Mornings (Without Caffeine) [Wonder How to]
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook