Movies’ one of the most influential sources of inspiration for me. When my life goes rough, motivational movies remind me to be stronger.
Here I’ve collected 25 inspirational movie quotes which will teach you the most valuable life lessons.
1. Be determined. Instead of intending to just try, do it.
Do, or do not. There is no “try”. – Yoda, from Star Wars
2. Learn to let go and be clear of where you really want to head for.
Love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does. – David Schwimmer, from Kissing a Fool
3. Your past experiences are valuable lessons to you now, learn from them.
Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it. – Rafiki, from The Lion King
4. Just be yourself because you’re unique and you’ll shine.
Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? – from What a Girl Wants
5. Life’s too short to miss out anything, try to take it slowly.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
6. You should love and take care of yourself because after all, it’s your own life.
You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love. – from The Notebook
7. Everyone has a choice. You can choose your own path in life.
We are who we choose to be. – Green Goblin, from Spider-Man
8. You deserve what you want when you’re trying your best to fight for it, no one can take that right from you.
Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. – Heath Ledger, from 10 Things I Hate About You
9. There’s no perfect time for anything, do it now or you’ll regret later.
I don’t regret the things I’ve done, but those I did not do. – from Empire Records
10. You don’t need to hide yourself because you’re afraid of what others think of you. You have the choice to live your own life.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices. – Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
11. Just keep going, you’ll make it one day.
“Run, Forrest, run!” – from Forrest Gump
12. The least expected things happen at your least expected time in life.
My momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” – from Forrest Gump
13. Never give up on your dream, fight your hardest for it.
Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period. – Chris Gardner, from The Pursuit of Happyness
14. Don’t stuck in your own little world because the purpose of life is to explore and experience.
“To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life.” – from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
15. Stop trying to please everyone because it’s impossible. Do what makes you comfortable.
You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours. – White Queen, from Alice in Wonderland
16. Believe in yourself. Your confidence will lead you to success and happiness.
After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are. – from Shrek
17. In order to achieve your dreams and goals, you’ll go through tough times for sure but hold on!
If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives, jobs. And maybe your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery, isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance. Of how much you really want to do it. And you’ll do it, despite rejection in the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. – from Factotum
18. Make every moment count, enjoy your life time and don’t waste it.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. – from Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
19. The little things you do today could make a great difference in future.
It’s what you do right now that makes a difference. – from Black Hawk Down
20. Don’t take missing any opportunities as a bad thing, you never know what life is trying to teach you.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss. – from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
21. Achieving greatness is all about how much effort you make throughout the time.
Great men are not born great, they grow great. – Mario Puzo, from The Godfather
22. Instead of seeking for happiness, live the moment and that’s where happiness exists.
Me, I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it’s not some place you can look for because it’s not where you go. It’s how you feel for a moment in your life when you’re a part of something and if you find that moment, it lasts forever. – from The Beach
23. If you wait for others to complete you, you’ll never be able to have peace in your mind whenever you’re alone.
Only if you find peace within yourself will you find true connection with others. – from Before Sunrise
24. Always have hope. Be optimistic for your future.
I know what I have to do now, I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring? – from Cast Away
25. Before you do anything, be clear of why you want to do it. The purpose is an important reason to support what you’ll do.
To find something, anything, a great truth or a lost pair of glasses, you must first believe there will be some advantage in finding it. – from All the King’s Men
Are there any movie quotes that have greatly inspired you? Share with us!
Featured photo credit: Teaser Trailer via teaser-trailer.com
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content