20 Inspiring Quotes from Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill was loved and hated by many. He was an iconic leader who was known for his rebellious and stubborn nature. But it was these traits that saw him achieve a great deal with his life.
Churchill has much to teach us about courage, persistence and leadership. He pushed through years and years of failure to eventually hold office for an incredible 60 years. He was known for facing problems head-on and for ‘never ever giving up.’
Churchill is referred to as one of the most influential people in British history, so why not learn from his successes and failures?
Here are 20 of my favorite Winston Churchill quotes. Read them slowly and take away a nugget of inspiration from the man who was known for his no nonsense approach to life.
20 Inspiring Quotes from Winston Churchill:
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference.”
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.”
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
- “History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.”
- “Never, never, never give up.”
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
- “You have enemies? Good. It means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
- “I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.”
- “When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.”
- “The price of greatness is responsibility.”
- “Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge.”
- “I have nothing to offer but blood, toil tears and sweat.”
- “The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.”
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, it’s also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
- “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.”
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”
- “To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often.”
- “There is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure.”
- “Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.”
- “I never worry about action, but only inaction.”
Looking for more inspirational quotes? Head over to Lifehack Quotes to get your fill!
(Photo credit: Churchill Statue via Shutterstock)
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook