Laughter and fun can breathe new life into your romance and relationship. Let’s explore ways to bring more fun into your romance this week!
A couple that can laugh together will have a better chance of weathering the hard times. Laughter makes us all happier too. When you can laugh easily with your spouse life just seems better. Good things happen in your body when you laugh as well!
First off, it is essential that you have a date night with your significant other every week. Your relationship with this person needs to be handled with care and you both owe each other that time to nurture it.
Make it a rule that during that time you avoid talking about kids and work. This night is about the two of you and your relationship. You may not feel you have one outside of those two topics but you do. You got together for a reason and date night helps you remember and reinforce that reason.
Not sure what to talk about outside of work and kids? Start by reminiscing about the early days and years. Then as you continue to have date nights and bring more fun into your romance you will have more positive shared experiences between the two of you to draw on for conversation.
Try to avoid conflict discussions as well. Use this time to nurture your relationship, not cause more tension. Address those topics at a separate time, but keep date night sacred.
Bring more fun into your romance this week with one of these ideas
- The basic dinner and a movie can be fun. Try a new restaurant and then go see a comedy or an interesting indie movie together.
- Enjoy a weekend away together. Even if you don’t leave your city, a weekend away brings a fresh perspective and fun, new experiences
- Attend a comedy show together.
- Go ice skating in the winter.
- Play charades. Have another couple over to make it even more fun. Once in awhile, a couples’ date night is a great way to shake things up (in a good way).
- Rent a tandem bicycle at your local park.
- Dress up in silly costumes for an event. Not sure what type of event you would dress up for? Try one of these excuses:
- Renaissance festival
- To see an 80s band
- To take part in a murder mystery live action game
- Attend a costume ball
- Just because
- Visit the spa together to get a couples’ massage or pedicure.
- Find a local outdoor hot spring to enjoy. Some are even clothing optional after dark!
- Laugh in the bedroom more (find each others’ ticklish spots).
- Cultivate inside jokes in your relationship. Come up with special names for each other or a 1 word reference to a humorous event that will make you both smile. The more you remember and anchor these events, the more joy they tend to bring.
- Do the date activities you wanted to as a kid or teen:
- Attend a county fair
- Play paintball together
- Play laser tag
- Rent a paddle boat at a local lake
- Go to an amusement park
- Have a water balloon or water gun fight
- Draw chalk pictures on the sidewalk
- Go roller skating
- Sing together. (Karaoke at home anyone?)
- Surprise your significant other with some new lingerie. (Sexy fun!)
- Take up dancing together: ballroom, salsa, or country. Take your pick and get a free lesson at a local dance studio or bar.
- Cook a themed dinner together. If you need a few ideas, try these:
- 1001 Arabian Nights
- Lord of The Rings
- Roaring 20s
- Rent a convertible for the weekend and enjoy some beautiful scenic drives together.
- Visit a local winery or wine shop for a free tasting.
Which of these ideas can you use this week to bring more fun into your romance?
Leave all arguments and day to day detail behind. Just celebrate your relationship: 29 Anniversary Ideas to Bring You Closer TogetherFeatured photo credit: Romantic cycling via Shutterstock
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content