11 Reasons Why You Need To Be More Independent
You’re an Independent Individual in a Complex Technological World.
You want success and an independent life for yourself and those close to you. An independent life has always been essential in our society, but the more technology runs our world, being independent becomes both easier and more difficult.
You have a infinite number of resources and information on the Internet that will answer about every question you can generate. However,
independence does not mean that you can simply rely on your smart phone to solve all of your problems. You must have intellect and personal power in order to make use of technology and allow it to meet your needs.
The Benefits of an Independent Life
Technology progresses at such a fast pace. It can make your life easier, but incorporating technology into your life effectively is anything but simple. Also, one cannot simply rely upon technology to solve every problem. For one thing, you don’t always have access to the technology you need, and there are aspects of life where a human mind and body are irreplaceable.
Maintaining self-reliance is difficult in a fast paced technological world, but it is worth the effort. Independence benefits you in 12 broad areas:
- It boosts your self-confidence and self-esteem. An increase in self-confidence means that you trust yourself to be competent in the situations you confront, and a boost in self-esteem gives a positive outlook on yourself. Learning independence instills confidence because you believe in the knowledge and capacities you possess to deal with any challenge.
- It decreases the burden you place on family, friends, and society. If you are capable of meeting your own needs with the help of technology, you don’t have to depend on others for help. Instead of being a burden, you lighten the load of others.
- It turns you into an asset to help other people. It is not bad to need help. Everyone needs it at some point. But, with independence comes the ability to care for yourself and help other people with the knowledge and abilities you have. People learn to trust you as a beneficial resource and look to you for assistance.
- It enhances your reputation among friends and colleagues. When you prove that you are independent, other people view you positively as a contributor to society rather than a dependent. Today, reputation determines how far you can go in life. Independence creates a powerful reputation.
- It leads to financial freedom because you are skilled and capable. You are able to work and earn wages that allow you to provide for yourself and prepare for the future. Financial uncertainty is frightening, but independence is empowering.
- It gives you social independence and dexterity. The world we live in is social both in face-to-face situations and online in social media engagements. Sociability is essential to being human, and being independent provides you with the ability to maneuver in society and mingle with people. This enables friendships, networking, and collaboration.
- It makes you physically capable of caring for yourself and others. Despite disabilities, the more physically able you make yourself, the better you are able to deal with situations in your environment.
- It fills you with a sense of joy and happiness that can come from no other source. Happiness comes from independence, self-esteem, the ability to associate with and help others, and physical activity.
- It places you in a position to be an innovator with independent thought. Regardless of your occupation or workplace, innovation is a valuable commodity, and independent creativity makes you a powerful asset to your employer or to your own business.
- It makes you mobile rather than confined within your community. This means that you are able to freely act, move, and operate as you see fit. You are not bound to your current circumstances, but can alter your future for the better.
- It sets you up for further progress and self-sufficiency. Because you can rely on yourself, you are able to keep up with technology, and, with that resource, you can accomplish anything you want and you possess the means for infinite progression. Rather than falling behind with every new step technology takes, you are able to stay ahead of the changes and adapt as needed.
Set Goals for an Independent and Self-Reliant Life
Declare your own independence if you haven’t already. Regardless of your present circumstances, you have access to opportunities, education, and technology to elevate yourself. This is also a powerful legacy that you will pass on to children, family, and those around you. You will demonstrate, through example, that independence leads to happiness.
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook