Sudoku is one of the most popular numbers game that we can play everyday. For those who don’t know what Sudoku is, it is a numbers game which players have to fill each of the blank boxes in a puzzle based on specific rules (Learn to play Sudoku). Just like physical exercise, your mind need some exercise too. Playing sudoku actually exercises your brain extensively. Here are the amazing benefits of playing Sudoku:
- Improves your memory. Memory and logic work side-by-side when you are playing Sudoku. We use our memory to memorize the numbers, when we use our logic to figure out the next blank.
- Stimulates your mind. It keeps you practicing your logical thinking process when you are solving a puzzle, and eventually improve your number skills.
- Reduces the chances of developing Alzheimers by keeping your brain active.
- Learns to do things quickly. Not only playing Sudoku is interesting but it helps to increase your sense of time. You will learn how to make a decision and take an action with less hesitation.
- Increases your concentration power. Sudoku requires players to think strategically and solve problems creatively. Once you stop playing in the middle of the game, you have to start the whole thinking process, which helps you to develop your concentration power and re-focus skills.
- Feel Happy. Sudoku gives you a sense of accomplishment when you can solve a puzzle, especially the puzzle is a difficult one.
By playing Sudoku more often, you can solve the puzzle faster and eventually advance to a harder level. Exercise your mind and you will become happier and smarter.From now on, spare a little time to play Sudoku everyday!
Featured photo credit: Man making his crossword via Shutterstock
Set a goal for yourself
"I'll do meditation every morning to practice mindfulness."Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook