No matter how much we love a room or our entire house, sooner or later it comes to a point when we get a little bored of the same things. Before you go overboard and start planning a whole redesign, even if you can afford it, consider small changes.It’s easier to start with the areas or corners you like the least or the ones not working with your everyday flow anymore. A little moving around, stacking, rotating, adding, or subtracting can result in desirable results. If more action is needed, grab some paint and give furniture – or part of it – a new face.
Using personal pictures and memories ensures for not getting bored easily, if you are strongly connected to what you see. There’s no need to keep the fine china or the expensive objects tucked away in cupboards either. Display everything you love proudly and let your home be a reflection of who you are and how you live. For everyone crafty and with spare time, DIY projects that cost next to nothing can be easily tackled. Adapt the colors and shapes to your likings and again, do whatever expresses your taste. For the harder projects that require more strength, technical knowledge, or tools, you might need some help.
Before hiring a professional, look among friends and relatives for someone who can help you for less money or in exchange of another task you’re good at. Let’s have a look at the easy ideas to help you transform any room.
1. Paint a wall in a rich color to add warmth and focus to the room
2. Incorporate a raw element from nature into the room decor
3. Add bookends on the shelves or library
4. Paint or wallpaper the ceiling and two walls facing each other, to tie an asymmetrical room together
5. Add a swing chair on a corner of a room for extra character and a cozy space to wind down
6. Create your own simple art to display
7. Amp up your stair game with pictures of favorite memories or a theme you like
8. Refresh your fridge with washi tape or contact paper
9. Stack a couple of random objects to create a nightstand or side table
10. Divide an open space into zones with airy shelves made of wood
11. Turn classic architectural details into modern ones with paint or washi tape
12. Hang plants from the ceiling or put them above higher furniture
13. Stack all your books or magazines in a single high pile for visual interest and less clutter
14. Make a display of vases and flowers to hang and form a hook in the kitchen or bathroom
15. Decorate a simple mirror with colored or natural stones
16. Hand write on the walls for a unique, statement making, decor
17. Make a coastal style light with driftwood
18. Add a big framed mirror close to a room’s corner to shift the perspective and create the illusion of bigger space
19. Raise your bed on a platform with built-in storage to gain more storage
20. Hang a basket from the ceiling and fill it with fruit or flowers for an impromptu accent
21. Create a shelving unit with modular shelves, boxes or crates, and paint the insides with a splash of color
22. Make whimsical curtain rods with wood branches
23. Revamp simple tables or stools with paint
24. Put pots of greenery across your room to brighten up the whole space
Don’t forget that in order to eventually love your home and not get bored easily, you should take your time. Reflecting and considering how you want it to look like should take much more time than doing the projects and changes. So go easy and start small, letting some time pass between each change, to see how you feel about each one. The last thing you want is go overboard with all of the projects above and end up hating how your space looks, after spending valuable time and money.
Get An Awesome Life
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content