Storing all the items in your home doesn’t have to be rocket science. There are many ways to store and organize your things without just throwing them in drawers or paying a bill to keep items in a storage unit. Finding neat, simple ways to save space and stash household items big and small will help you keep your home tidy, make finding things easier, and help you avoid losing them in piles of clutter.
Try some of these DIY home storage solutions and have the stuff you need in its place.
1. Use thrift store teacups as drawer organizers.
2. Use a paper towel holder for holding ribbons.
3. Use a shower caddy for organizing office supplies.
4. Hang plastic baskets with adhesive hooks on cabinets doors.
5. Use egg cartons to store holiday ornaments.
6. Hang a file box off adhesive hooks in bathroom to hold hair dryers and straighteners.
7. Install a wooden plank above a doorway as a storage shelf.
8. Spray-paint some berry baskets.
9. Install a rod under your sink and hang cleaning products from it.
10. Store tissue paper in a cleaning wipes container.
11. Keep your hose neatly coiled in a tin basket.
12. Desk organizers also work for the fridge.
13. Hang metal baskets on the wall for book storage.
14. Use a wine rack as a towel holder.
15. Plastic shower rings + hanger = scarf storage.
16. Mount magazine rack on cabinet door for pot lid storage.
17. Use a moving clothing rack when your closet runs out of room.
18. Have tons of nail polish? Store it all in a shoe organizer.
19. Use ice cube trays to hold small items.
20. Store bobby pins in a pill box.
Featured photo credit: Thank you, Ikea/Simon Collison via flic.krRead full content
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook