Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
Elements of Great Managing
Kent Blumberg writes on leadership strategy from a tactical perspective–which is very much in accordance with the GTD approach so popular around these parts. He recently finished an in-depth review/summary of Gallup Press’s new book Twelve: The Elements of Great Managing. He posted a lengthy write-up of each chapter, which I have rounded up below, for your perusal, dear reader.
- Job clarity
- Materials and equipment
- Matching strengths to jobs [ed. You might want to check out the book Now, Discover Your Strengths, also from Gallup Press, for more on this topic.]
- Recognition and praise
- Caring about the people you work with
- Valuing employee opinions
- Connection to a noble purpose
- All for one, one for all
- “I have a best friend at work”
- Regularly talking about individual progress
- Opportunitiesto learn and grow
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.