Do you have school-aged children? Are you trying to find the school districts in the U.S. where they will get the absolute best education possible? If it seems like your kids aren’t getting everything they should from their schools, there are districts where they will not only get the best education, but where they can also get into sports, community-based activities, and other family-friendly activities. Here are the 15 best school districts in the U.S. based on 2015 Niche Rankings.
1. Edgemont Union Free School District, Greenburgh Town, New York
- This school district ranks among the top in academics, and the teachers work with the students to ensure that they receive a top education.
- When it comes to activities, kids can participate in a variety of clubs, music, art, community groups, and much more.
- The sporting program is one of the best around, and students can take part in all of their favorite sports, from volleyball to football and more.
2. Jericho Union Free School District, Oyster Bay Town, New York
- Parents and pupils surveyed on their experiences in this school district gave it a ranking of 4.4 out of 5.
- The education offered in this district is second-to-none, and students graduate fully prepared for university or the work force.
- This district is rich in family-friendly activities for learners and parents, and there are many school-based extra-curricular activities to take part in.
3. Tredyffrin-Easttown School District, Tredyffrin Township, Pennsylvania
- Ranked 4.3 out of 5 by parents and students, this school district provides kids with the education they deserve, as well as other activities to help them grow into well-rounded adults.
- The teachers in this school district are among the best in the country, and receive high grades from students and their parents.
- Extracurricular activities are highly encouraged, as well as fitness, and there are plenty of sporting activities learners can take part in.
4. Lower Merion School District, Lower Merion, Pennsylvania
- If you are looking for a school district that is welcoming to pupils of all cultures and backgrounds, this district has what you want, with plenty of student culture and diversity.
- Resources for learners and parents are numerous, and each school has resources and facilities to meet the needs of all students.
- Health and safety of all pupils is a priority in this district, and the teachers and school administration staff take this aspect of education very seriously.
5. Scarsdale Union Free School District, Scarsdale, New York
- Pupils receive the highest level of education, and the teachers are always willing to go that extra mile for their students.
- There are plenty of resources for students who need tutoring, counseling, and other important services.
- This is not a district that is rich in sports, although there are plenty of activities students can take part in.
6. Great Neck Union Free School District, North Hempstead Town, New York
- Parents who want their children to study in schools where academics are on the highest end of the scale should consider this district.
- The teachers were given a high score for their knowledge, sensitivity, and ability to relate to the students on their level.
- Extra-curricular activities, sports, and community service are highly encouraged by district teachers and administration staff.
7. Pittsford Central School District, Pittsford Town, New York
- Parents and students gave the district a ranking of 4.4 out of 5.
- This school district provides learners with the education they need to get into the best universities in the U.S. and around the world.
- Culture and diversity are encouraged, and you will find kids from many cultures studying side-by-side.
8. Rye City School District, Rye, New York
- This district gets one of the best rankings from kids and parents, with 4.6 out of a possible 5 points.
- You will find many resources to cater to all pupils, as well as numerous facilities for sports, recreation, and more.
- There is not as much student diversity and culture as with other school districts, but it more than makes up for this with the high level of student activities that are open to all students.
9. North Allegheny School District, McCandless Township, Pennsylvania
- Ranked 4.3 out of 5, the district offers students an educational atmosphere that is challenging yet fulfilling.
- Kids graduate knowing that they have received one of the best educations in the country, and they are prepared for their lives as adults.
- This school district receives an A+ in just about all categories, from academics to extracurricular activities.
10. Chappaqua Central School District, New Castle Town, New York
- Students are fully prepared for their SAT examinations, and often get some of the highest marks.
- Enjoy a rich variety of sports, clubs, and other activities that are geared to make all pupils feel welcome.
11. Dresden School District, Hanover Town, New Hampshire
- Not only does this school district offer the highest standards for education, it is located in one of the most beautiful parts of the U.S.
- Parents and learners can expect to find teachers who want to see their students succeed, and go above and beyond to make sure that they do.
- Outdoor activities such as skiing in the winter and swimming in the summer are popular in this area, and New England is known for its amazing school sports teams.
12. Adlai E. Stevenson High School District No. 125, Vernon Township, Illinois
- This district receives straight A’s all the way around, with some of the best resources for students and parents in the state.
- This district offers a great blend of academics, sports, and other activities so kids are well-rounded and learn many skills.
- Students enjoy a huge variety of extra-curricular activities, including sports (as players and spectators), student council, and more.
13. Manhasset Union Free School District, North Hamstead Town, New York
- Teachers and administrators go out of their way to provide the best educational services possible, including tutoring and counseling.
- The health and well-being of students and teachers is of utmost concern, and you can be sure that any and all accommodations will be met for particular health needs.
- If the U.S. is a melting pot, then NYC is its capitol, and pupils in this district enjoy plenty of cultural diversity, and acceptance for all cultures, religions, etc.
14. San Marino Unified School District, San Marino, California
- This isn’t an inner-city school district, and teachers are there to really work with your kids to ensure that they are fully prepared for life after high school.
- Sports and fitness are a priority, and there are plenty of sporting teams to join, as well as events to watch.
- If you are worried about the dangers of sending your kids to California schools, you should take a look at all this district has to offer, including a safe area to live and attend school.
15. Unionville-Chadds Ford School District, West Marlborough Township, Pennsylvania
- This district offers a good blend of academia and activities, and kids and parents alike give this district a 4.2 out of 5 overall ranking.
- As far as academics go, your kids will have the highest level of learning possible when they attend schools in this district.
- Resources for pupils are abundant, and students can enjoy tutoring sessions, life counseling, career counseling, and much more.
Featured photo credit: Tom via flickr.com