Own a Mac and ever wished that you could speed it up with maybe just a simple, easy and uncomplicated mouse click? Well, that is exactly what Dr. Cleaner could do for your Mac.
Available for a free download on the iTunes store, with several great reviews, Dr. Cleaner gives your Mac a performance boost by freeing up plenty of disk space and by also clearing up your Mac’s memory, two vital processes that can affect your system performance.
Here’s a quick overview on how Dr. Cleaner works to get your Mac running faster than before.
- Purges useless cache files that typically build up over time
- Empties out temporary download locations
- Deletes browser cache and unnecessary files related to iTunes downloads
- Cleans out your trash (files in trash are otherwise still using disk space!)
- Completely removes all traces of an app that you want to uninstall
- Purges unused memory and makes it available to your Mac’s processor
- Frees up unnecessary memory used by recent files that you are done with
- Gives you an easy memory monitoring app to analyze your Mac’s memory usage
While advanced Mac users who run routine maintenance on their Mac’s will not find Dr. Cleaner doing anything revolutionary, amateur Mac owners will definitely benefit from giving it a quick run. Dr. Cleaner can be particularly useful for those who do not have any idea about how to delete junk like cache files, system files, log files and binary junk off their Mac.
Dr. Cleaner, available for a free download at iTunes, is only designed to delete files that will not affect your OS’s native functioning. It will also not delete your personal data automatically. As for memory cleanup, the program is intuitive enough to only free up that memory that you don’t use anymore.
For instance, when you finish watching a movie and close the movie app on your Mac, remnants of that program will still continue to use your Mac’s memory for a period of time. Dr. Cleaner will free up such redundantly used memory.
On iTunes, Dr. Cleaner has over 1,000 ratings, with an average of 4.5 stars out of five, which is very impressive. Mac users from around the world have lauded it for its simplicity and efficiency, often citing that it is a quick one step solution for speeding up a Mac that might have slowed down unusually.
While Dr. Cleaner can provide quick and easy speedups for your Mac, more troubling performance issues could warrant slightly more elaborate fixes, as described in this very detailed 21 step Mac speed up and clean up guide on the net.
Featured photo credit: http://learn-share.net/ via learn-share.net