Ask The Entrepreneurs is a regular series where members of those involved in the Young Entrepreneur Council are asked a single question that aims to help Lifehack readers level up their own lives, whether in an area of management, communication, business or life in general.
Here’s the question posed in this edition of Ask The Entrepreneurs:
What mobile app or website is seeking to help people do good in reaching their life goals?
1. Accompl.sh Brings AccountabilityAccompl.sh, founded by Jenn Vargas, is all about goal-setting and well… accomplishment! The social features of the site — which allow members to enter into personal challenges together or share goals with one another — enhance the impact of the site as well. Accompl.sh makes your former pen-and-paper bucket list so much more effective for achieving goals.
– Doreen Bloch, Poshly Inc.
2. Fig Will Be Worth the WaitFig is a new personal wellness app (currently in private beta, but available soon) that makes wellness reachable in a whole new way. Fig breaks down big wellness goals or ideas (e.g. get in shape, invest in pregnancy) into bite-size steps, provides relevant resources, and helps you reach your ideal life with a community of people that matter to you.
– Kent Healy, The Uncommon Life
3. Digital Nomad AcademyDigital Nomad Academy, we’re trying to help struggling nine-to-fivers build meaningful, sustainable online businesses of their own, and take responsibility for themselves, while they also create enjoyable lifestyles that let them travel and spend their time more freely. We already have a great community of over 130 ambitious lifehackers and travelers on five continents!
– Cody McKibben, ThrillingHeroics.com
4. Sleep on CouchSurfingCouchSurfing ever since it launched. I’ve met hundreds of people from all over the world, sharing meals, great conversations, and learning a lot about different cultures — not to mention I’ve met a lot of cool entrepreneurs! Now, with a mobile app, CouchSurfing has made it easier than ever to travel the world, meet awesome people, and save a ton of money!
– Luke Burgis, ActivPrayer
5. Do It With DoSomething
– Andrew Schrage, Money Crashers Personal Finance
6. It’s a Wonderful dayWonderful day is very simple: you add something you want to do every day (or on another schedule) and then you mark whether you accomplish it. You can see at a glance how consistently you do something, which is a major motivator — at least for me — to do certain things more regularly.
– Thursday Bram, Hyper Modern Consulting
7. Are You a Location Rebel?Location Rebel, is a community for people who want to build a business that allows them to work for anywhere, and do the things they’ve been putting off in life. It has a heavy “bucket list” component to help maintain accountability, and keep perspective about what the user really wants to accomplish.
– Sean Ogle, Location 180, LLC
8. Peek Into Pinterest
– Abby Ross, Blueye Creative
9. Share Passions With MightybellMightybell is a place to create spaces around your interests and passions. Quite a few of those spaces are focused on helping people achieve life goals and plan adventures. There’s a bucket list space, spaces for globetrotters, reading lists for book lovers, and so many more. You can also start a space for your friends or community around a common thing you want to learn, explore or achieve.
– Natalie MacNeil, She Takes on the World
10. stickK Does the TrickstickK, you draw up an official “commitment contract” that binds you to achieving your goal. By agreeing, you publicly state your goal and commit to achieving it. Also, you can put money at stake, which dramatically increases your likelihood of completing the goal. If you are unsuccessful, the money can go to something like apolitical group you despise, which provides even more motivation.
– Emerson Spartz, Spartz Media
11. You’ll Like LiftLift — a deceivingly simple but powerful goal-tracking app backed by the founders of Twitter — is my new favorite app. It is helping people achieve their fitness, health, happiness and “everything” journeys.
– Derek Flanzraich, Greatist
Bucket List PRO is a mobile app that allows you to keep track of your bucket list items and share them with friends. You can also check out other peoples lists for inspiration.
12. Download Bucket List PRO
– Josh Weiss, Bluegala
(Photo credit: Football Flies into Net via Shutterstock)