Another day, another email management tool. Most seek to organize your inbox into tabs or by estimated priority, which is undeniably useful for those of us who use email regularly, but doesn’t stop the email flood from coming.
What makes Shortwale unique is that rather than just giving you tools to sort through the clutter, it makes people send you better (and maybe even fewer) emails. On Shortwale, you set up a pre-designed page which you can link to on your blog, website, or social media platforms as your contact form. When people send you messages via the “Send an Email to [Your Name]” section, they get to do the email organizing for you.
When sending an email, the sender will fill out the following:
- What type of emails or topic their email is about
- The urgency of their email
- Whether they require a reply or not
- The subject title and message itself
- The option to include pre-formulated responses the receiver (you) can click, rather than typing out a response
- The sender’s name and email
- A website and/or bio, if desired
You can customize your page further, by including email topics for senders to choose from and an F.A.Q. section to cut down on repetitive inquiries. All of these features remove some of the burden of organizing and sorting through your emails yourself. Now that’s smart.
Featured photo credit: Shortwale.com via shortwhale.com