⌄ Scroll down to continue ⌄

Wine Blending: Sacrilege or Genius?

⌄ Scroll down to continue ⌄
Wine Blending: Sacrilege or Genius?

Wine Blending: Sacrilege or Genius?

    Depending on what kind of company you keep, mixing bottles of wines may be the worst possible pastime.

    Those who pride themselves on knowing a good wine will no doubt throw their nose up at the idea of a wine mash-up, but the rest of us love the idea of learning more while having a little fun.

    My new favorite site, BuzzFeed, put together a little collection of articles about the process, the good and bad of mixing wines.

    Australians Enjoy Blending Shiraz and Viognier

    “…but few realize that even when a bottle is emblazoned with the name of just one grape – cabernet sauvignon, say – the labyrinthine regulations of EU labeling law allow that only 85% of the wine has to be made from it. The remaining 15% could be anything, and you don’t have to declare it.”

    Sampling Blends – Some Successful, Others Not So

    “One man blends his way to the perfect bottle of wine”

    Make Your Own Rosé

    A Blending Calculator for Adjusting Alcohol Content

    The Napa Valley Wine Blending & Tasting Kit

    I think, if you aren’t exactly a wine connoisseur, this is a great way to train your taste buds for wine. Get a group of friends together and start mixing. Think of it as a poor-man’s cocktail party.

    Wine Blending – [BuzzFeed]

    More by this author

    Craig Childs

    Craig is an editor and web developer who writes about happiness and motivation at Lifehack

    8 Steps to Continuous Self Motivation Even During the Difficult Times
    8 Steps to Continuous Self Motivation Even During the Difficult Times
    Eat the Frogs First – A Guide to Prioritizing
    Eat the Frogs First – A Guide to Prioritizing
    How To Start a Conversation with Anyone
    How To Start a Conversation with Anyone
    How Not To Suck At Socializing – Do’s & Don’ts
    How Not To Suck At Socializing – Do’s & Don’ts
    Storage Ideas For Small Spaces

    Trending in Lifestyle

    1 What Should I Do Today? 30 New Things To Do Today 2 How To Design The Perfect Nap 3 13 Ways to Make Sense of Your Social Media Feeds 4 14 Funny GIFs To Cheer You Up 5 74 Healthy Habits That Will Improve Every Aspect of Your Life

    Read Next

    Advertising
    Advertising

    Explore the Full Life Framework

    Advertising
    Advertising