Are store-bought cards too bland for your liking? Here are some amazing projects that add a twist to the traditional “card” to that you can spice up any occasion like a birthday or even an anniversary.
Step 1: Supplies
You will need the following:
-Some paper of your choice
-Printed pictures/stickers (for decoration if desired)
-Something to write with
Step 2: The 3D Teddy Bear Card
Provided by this source.
Before anything, you first need a decoupage teddy bear. You can purchase this in arts and crafts stores. Or look at this to see how you can make a decoupage.
1. Start off by folding a card stock in half.
2. Put your 3D decoupage image on the front of the card. Then, draw a box around the image and leave half of an inch border on each side.
3. You can use a corner punch or a scissor to round off the top right hand corner.
4. Taking a piece of colored paper of your choice, place it on the inside of the card so that the square flap stands out.
5. Next, put your decoupage picture on the front of the card and secure it in place with tape or glue.
6. You can decorate the front panel of the card along the empty space.
Those are the basics. But, if you want to make your card extra fancy, click on the word “source” for the visuals.
There are a ton of great ideas that can be used for cards. The following links are different types of card ideas that can spark your creativity.
These are just a few ideas. However, you can create the card with as many personal tweaks as you want.
Make it personal by adding your own writings. Or, print out some quotes to cut and paste on the card. The possibilities are endless.
Have fun! Arts and crafts aren’t just a way of killing time. Enjoy the project!
If you have any leftover scraps that you feel will be useful later on, keep them. You can use them to create more cards or another project.