Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
Improve Your Health by Asking Yourself This 1 Simple Question
I know why nutrition, fitness and health is so complicated. It is because of the internet. And because, as humans, we are naturally lazy and always looking for a shortcut.
The internet gives us way too much information. Our inherent laziness means that we are always looking for the next quick fix. The magic pill that will dissolve those last 10 pounds, make us feel energetic and alive, and fix everything in one fell swoop.
A large part of my work involves helping people become healthy and happy. In turn, I also like to keep myself healthy and happy. Even though I have the knowledge and qualifications, I still find myself looking for that quick fix. I still find myself thinking, “Ooh that diet sounds interesting…Maybe that superfood will help me…Perhaps I could try this new thing…” But logically, I know this stuff is all a marketing scam.
I am always up for a shortcut, and I’m sure you are too. I’ve got a shortcut for you today. To improve your health, I’ve got one simple task for you.
I truly believe that deep down, we already know the answers to our health and fitness questions. I know that if we ask ourselves just one simple question, we can make a radical difference in our lives.
What is one thing I can do today for my health?
I know that you know the answer. You can make it as simple as you like.
I don’t want to influence your thoughts too much on the matter, because it really should be a simple process. But here are some examples of just one thing you could do today to improve your health:
- Go for a walk on your lunch break.
- Add three cups of vegetables to your dinner.
- Snack on a piece of fruit instead of a piece of chocolate.
- Research local gyms you might like to join.
- Organize a few friends to meet up for a run after work.
- Cook dinner at home instead of eating out.
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual.
- Don’t add sugar to your coffee.
- Take your dog out for two walks instead of one.
- Restock your fridge with fresh healthy food.
- Plan a hike.
- Book yourself a massage.
- Buy a new pair of running shoes.
- Shop at your local grocer and butcher rather than the supermarket.
- Drink a green juice.
- Look up recipes for healthier alternatives to junk food.
- Teach your kids how to play a new sport.
- Check the tires on your old bike in the garage.
- Get a health check-up from your doctor.
Your health could improve dramatically if you take action on this today. Imagine what your life could be like, if you asked yourself this question every day this week. This really is the most powerful question you can ask yourself.
So, what is the one thing you could do today for your health?
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.