I dare you to try these parenting tricks today!
1. Add a lint roller to your craft room.
A lint roller picks up glitter (and just about anything else) like a charm!
2. Try vinegar for minor burns.
Just soak a small face cloth or paper towel and apply vinegar to the burn till the skin feels cool. Apply it immediately after the burn and it will ease the pain and prevent a blister.
3.Keep the kids from locking themselves in the bathroom.
Keep a door unlocked by using a rubber band. You can find more information on this trick here.
4. Keep a spray bottle in the car for hot days to avoid scorching seat belts buckles.
5. Use pool noodles to improve safety.
Pool noodles offer protection for little hands and feet on the trampoline.
6. A little tape will catch toenail clippings before they make a mess for you.
7. Get your teenager to clean their room.
You can get your son or daughter to clean their room by using your cleverness and humor like the mother below.
8. Prevent your kids from always using new cups and leaving the old ones lying around the house.
Just give them their own cups with magnets and pin them to your fridge. Your kids will love it.
9. Use this no-mess painting parenting tricks.
Add three dollops of different coloured paint into a ziplock bag and voila! Your baby can create all kinds of designs without any mess.
10. Buy a Keep-It-Kleen Pacifier.
11. Limit Soap by twisting rubber bands around the pump nozzle.
12. Invest in a Baby In-Sight Auto Mirror.
13. Use a baby monitor app while on vacation.
14. To get your kids to put their shoes on the correct feet, cut a sticker in half and place it on the insides of their shoes.
15. Keep apple slices from getting brown.
Put the apple slices in a lunch bag, sprinkle salt over the pieces and give them a quick slosh with water. The salty taste is washed away but the brief exposure to salt keeps them looking fresh all day!
16. Make splinter removals less painful.
Put a paste of baking soda and water on a splinter and leave for a few minutes, the baking soda will push the splinter out saving your child an unnecessarily painful splinter removal.
17. Molar Muncher Teethers are perfect for soothing babys’ whole gum line.
18. Use a pizza box as a giant sized canvas.
19. WD-40 is the perfect crayon remover.
20. Keep your child’s clothes clean.
Tide To Go Instant Stain Remover saves your kid’s clothes from stains, even while on the go.
21.Teach your child to hold a pencil the right way with this trick.
With a wad of Kleenex behind their last two fingers this trick will help them keep the right form while writing.
22. Try the Kikko’pilo travel mat.
This mat is perfect when your child needs a clean place to nap on long trips.
23. Use puffy fabric paint to paint a grip on your toddlers socks.
24. Use crayons to cover up scratches on shoes.
25. Use toothpaste to clean permanent marker off wooden furniture.
26. Try cartoon underwear when potty training your child.
The sight of their favourite character will help them think twice! Also try this link for more toilet training tricks.
27. Use these T-shirts so you don’t loose your kids.
Not only do these shirts make your children stand out but also they will lighten up the mood.
28. Make bedtime out of this world!
Make your child love bedtime by using funny and speacial bedding.
29. The Nursery Spa will warm towels, blankets, and clothing for your baby.
We know that you’ll also be using
30. Time to tidy up toys? Play race the clock with an egg timer.
31. Use the toy links from your baby’s gym to clip toys to your baby’s highchair or stroller.
Save yourself the bending to pick up the toys which the baby throws every five seconds.
32. Dress your kids in matching outfits so when you go shopping others will identify which kids are “yours”.
33. Write your phone number on your child’s arm when you go on an all day trip.
If he gets lost he can always borrow a phone to call you up.
35. Need to wean your baby off a pacifier? Cut away a small piece of the nipple each time your child uses it.
Eventually the baby won’t like the feeling and soon there won’t be anything left to suck and she’ll throw it away herself. (Be sure to keep it extra clean during the process.)
36. This infant diner placemat has a built-in catch compartment for messy eaters.
37. Cover a play table in oilcloth to create a water-resistant outdoor picnic table.
38. Keep pacifiers clean in your bag with sauce-to-go containers.
39. Use bulletin boards to stay organized.
Try a bulletin board for each kid where you can post reminders, chores for the day, or their schedule. A great place for this is the shoe area or your child’s bedroom.
40. Use these cute animals to make toothbrushing fun!
41. Allow no wandering in the parking lot with this Parking Pal sticker!
Have your kid place their hand on the Parking Pal sticker so that they won’t get lost.
42. Try an Inflatable pool as a safe play area
This should be large enough to keep your baby busy for hours.
43. Keep the hair on dolls soft with fabric softener and water.
No more messy hair for the dolls.
44. Make a baby tent to keep out the mosquitoes and the sun.
45. Make a batch of baby food to last for a week.
Freeze baby sized portions in an ice tray.
46. Create lawn art with a big sheet.
47. Make a corner shelf for the kids book with this Ikea magazine holder.
48. Make a water slide out of a plastic sheet (the kind that comes with new appliances or furniture) and a hose.
49. Hang a fort with a hoola-hoop and bed sheet.
Featured photo credit: Christopher Luther via unsplash.com