Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
Unleash Your Inner Tiger
The lovely Pamela Slim from the Escape from Cubicle Nation blog has a nice entry about stifling your passion and creativity and how to unleash it again.
- We are told at an early age that our fire and passion is not “appropriate.”
- We see others around us conforming to “safe” lives and we don’t want to stand out.
- We tell ourselves lies to feel better.
People shouldn’t have to live lives they’re not excited about, or at least enjoy. Is the fire inside dwindling?
- Acknowledge that it is there. Stop pretending that everything is ok if it isn’t.
- Pay attention to your body. Tense muscles, stomach problems, anxiety and trouble sleeping are all signs that you are trying too hard to control your creative impulses.
- Stop with the mind-numbing substances. Another sign that your creativity is stifled is when you have to down two glasses of wine when you get home from work just to calm your nerves.
- Agree to take action. If you have been living an un-fulfilling life, you may feel stuck, unmotivated and overwhelmed. But staying stagnant is not going to keep things the same – it will get much worse.
- Own up to your lies. Whenever you find yourself saying “I have to do this …” or “so-and-so made me do this,” or “I am like this because …” stop, look in the mirror and say very clearly: “Up to this point, I have chosen to create a life that isn’t fulfilling. It isn’t working. Now I am choosing something different.”
Is your inner tiger choking on a short leash? – [GanasConsulting]
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.