- The Art of Note Taking in the Digital Age
Posted on Monday, November 10th, 2008 in FeaturedNote taking is as ancient an art as any. There are hefty tomes on the subject of how to best capture and organize information in a swift and legible manner and courses devoted to the subject in colleges.And yet, the most popular suggestion in our Skribit widget, which you can use to suggest articles for Lifehack authors to write, is on the question of whether to use digital or traditional methods of note taking.
- 5 Home Office Items You Should Never Skimp On
Posted on Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 in LifestyleIt’s tempting to go looking for a bargain when it comes time to stock your home office with equipment. And there’s nothing wrong with looking for a bargain in itself; if you find a high quality item on sale, by all means, get it now – don’t wait until it goes back up!But buying certain items just because they’re cheap is a no-no.
- When Are You Most Creative?
Posted on Monday, November 10th, 2008 in FeaturedWhen are you at your creative peak? That is, what time of day do ideas flow most easily for you? What activities bring your best ideas to the surface where you can most easily gather them up?A recent survey by the Crown Plaza hotel group suggests that certain times and activities are more conducive to creative thinking than others [PDF download].
- Straight Up From ‘Scratch Beginnings’
Posted on Thursday, November 13th, 2008 in FeaturedWith nothing but $25 and a backpack, Adam Shepard set out to prove whether the American Dream still exists. He headed for a city he didn’t know — Charleston, South Carolina — with the goal of having $2,500, a car and a place to live by the end of the year. Shepard chronicled his experiment in Scratch Beginnings. The book holds a few gems for average people working on their own lives — and you don’t have to be completely broke to learn from Shepard’s experiences.
- Should You Be In Business For Yourself? Some Pros and Cons
Posted on Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 in FeaturedI write a lot about personal finance. I hear a lot about how different employers are handling the current economic crunch and, lately, what I’ve been hearing makes me pretty uncomfortable about working for a long list of companies. Some employers are slashing benefits — effectively cutting their employees’ salaries while inflation reduces their buying power. I want to suggest entrepreneurship as an alternative, but I realize that it isn’t a great option for everyone.
Last Updated on July 12, 2021
Lifehack Reviews: 50 Best Life Hacks for Your Life
Do you want to be as productive as many of us, but missed a lot of actions at lifehack.org during the year? We’ve selected the best 50 life hacks, based on their popularity and contents in different categories. Invest your time – read them. Bookmark this page and mark reading them as one of your new year resolutions.
Communication, Writing, Studying
- My Best Presentation Tricks
- The Business Card Game
- Persuasive Writing for Students, Webmasters, Bloggers, and Everyone Else
- 7 tips of handling your Emails without feeling overwhelmed
- Writing as a Form of Self Healing
- Advice for students: Writing by hand
- Yes, But Do People Like You?
- Writing – Just do it!
- A good place to study
- Blog your way through Writer’s Block
- 14 Tips for Communicating Ideas
Productivity, Creativity, Motivation
- 9 Top Secrets of Naturally Born Organizers
- Fight The Flab!
- More Fight The Flab!
- Limit Creativity, Get Innovation
- Precious Moments
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Productivity in the Office
- A Geek’s Best Lifehack
- What Kind of Paranoid Are You?
- Being A Creative
- There’s No Time!
- The Mysteries Behind Motivation and How To Manipulate Them
- Time Management: Handling Disruptions in Daily Schedules
- Productivity Hack: Write Mini Process Flows
- Design an Online Workflow
Management, Self-Management, Entrepreneurship
- Bare Bones Project Hacks
- The 10 Beliefs of Great Managers
- The Simplest Path to Success
- Letting Things Go
- Closet Entrepreneur
- Time To Discard The Portmanteau
- 5 Important Keys to Bootstrap Your Entrepreneurship
- The Most Underutilized Tool for Effective Communication
- Everyday Performance Reviews
- Meetings, @&!!$*@ Meetings!
- What Are You Worried About?
- How to Ruin Your Career In Five Easy Steps
Procrastination, Goal Settings, Life
- 9 Steps to Define your Goal Destination and Devise a Plan to Get There
- Pro-Active Steps to Prevent Procrastination
- Improve Your Life By Following A Schedule
- The Causes of Procrastination And How To Conquer Them
- How To Make Resolutions You’ll Keep
- Literal Life Hack: Cut your window of time in half
- New Year’s Resolutions and Deficit Thinking
- 6 Sleep Tips
- Risks versus Rewards Worksheet
- 5 Tips for Getting Out of Debt (and Why)
- Deep Breathing: A Great Health Trick
- 8 Expenses to Cut and How
- Desk-side Fitness
Are there any lifehacks that you’ve learned over the past year?
Featured photo credit: Rainier Ridao via unsplash.com