Number 4 of 10 on the Greatest Tool of All Time List.
The only known protection to the hole in the time space continuum is the clear-lidded-empty-margarine-tub. Without it all of your smaller than a breadbox items will be lost forever.
What is it good for?
- Keep the needle for your basketball safe inside.
- Corral your lose paper clips and thumb tacks.
- Grab some plaster of Paris and stick junior’s foot in. Send it to Grandma. It’s a definite in for the will.
- Cut a slit in the top. It makes a handy change bank.
- Poke a few holes in the bottom and it makes a great seed starter.
- Poke air holes in the lid and let your kid use it to collect bugs.
- Concrete anchor. Fill it with concrete and use it to keep your “divers down” flag from floating away.
- Dog dinner. If you need to take your dog on a day trip, it will hold enough grub for about 1 feeding.
- Paint container. It’s just the right size for touch ups and trim.
- Bait container. Poke a few holes in the lid and add some worms and wet newspaper. There is nothing better for keeping your bait handy.
Ok, folks I ran a spell and grammar check on this post. It wasn’t nearly as much fun.
Readers gave great tips on the additional uses for WD-40. What have you got for empty margarine tubs?
Reg Adkins writes on behavior and the human experience at (elementaltruths.blogspot.com).