- Use any USB stick to ReadyBoost your computer
Windows Vista Magazine tells you how to hack Vista’s registry to detect a non-compliant USB drive to use for ReadyBoost. Seems like using a drive that’s too slow wouldn’t help, but this might be useful when Vista misdetects your “Vista-ready” drives.
Tags: hack vista readyboost windows memory computer
- Remember The Milk
Remember The Milk’s new Firefox extension integrates RTM’s todo list management with Gmail and Google Calendar, allowing you to view your list in Gmail’s page, transform emails to tasks, add tasks to your calendar, and more.
Tags: calendar firefox gmail gtd todo
- 6 Ways to Get Social with Outlook
MakeUseOf reviews 6 recent plugins for Outlook that bring social networking to the software many of us use to manage our communication, contacts, and calendars. The LinkedIn toolbar looks especially interesting for pros, and Xobni looks promising too.
Tags: outlook email software tools networking
- Six Ways to Start Off Secure in ‘08
If you use your laptop publicly -on public networks — whether in a hotel, in a coffee shop , at the library, or elsewhere — Web Worker Daily tells you the 6 basic things you need to do to keep your files, your PC, and indeed your identity safe.
Tags: security backup tools vpn wifi
- 3 Scrappy Project Management Techniques to Master (Plus 2 Tips)
Web Worker Daily’s quick-and-dirty guide to managing a project: have clearly defined goals to keep you focused, communicate status and problems relentlessly, and keep your priorities straight.
Tags: management productivity projects communication
- 5 Hard Questions You Should Answer Before Starting a New Project
Skelliewag gives us the rundown on what we should be asking ourselves before undertaking yet another big project: what are my goals, what do I have to do to accomplish them, and am I prepared both mentally and time-wise for this?
Tags: planning productivity projects
Last Updated on July 12, 2021
Lifehack Reviews: 50 Best Life Hacks for Your Life
Do you want to be as productive as many of us, but missed a lot of actions at lifehack.org during the year? We’ve selected the best 50 life hacks, based on their popularity and contents in different categories. Invest your time – read them. Bookmark this page and mark reading them as one of your new year resolutions.
Communication, Writing, Studying
- My Best Presentation Tricks
- The Business Card Game
- Persuasive Writing for Students, Webmasters, Bloggers, and Everyone Else
- 7 tips of handling your Emails without feeling overwhelmed
- Writing as a Form of Self Healing
- Advice for students: Writing by hand
- Yes, But Do People Like You?
- Writing – Just do it!
- A good place to study
- Blog your way through Writer’s Block
- 14 Tips for Communicating Ideas
Productivity, Creativity, Motivation
- 9 Top Secrets of Naturally Born Organizers
- Fight The Flab!
- More Fight The Flab!
- Limit Creativity, Get Innovation
- Precious Moments
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Productivity in the Office
- A Geek’s Best Lifehack
- What Kind of Paranoid Are You?
- Being A Creative
- There’s No Time!
- The Mysteries Behind Motivation and How To Manipulate Them
- Time Management: Handling Disruptions in Daily Schedules
- Productivity Hack: Write Mini Process Flows
- Design an Online Workflow
Management, Self-Management, Entrepreneurship
- Bare Bones Project Hacks
- The 10 Beliefs of Great Managers
- The Simplest Path to Success
- Letting Things Go
- Closet Entrepreneur
- Time To Discard The Portmanteau
- 5 Important Keys to Bootstrap Your Entrepreneurship
- The Most Underutilized Tool for Effective Communication
- Everyday Performance Reviews
- Meetings, @&!!$*@ Meetings!
- What Are You Worried About?
- How to Ruin Your Career In Five Easy Steps
Procrastination, Goal Settings, Life
- 9 Steps to Define your Goal Destination and Devise a Plan to Get There
- Pro-Active Steps to Prevent Procrastination
- Improve Your Life By Following A Schedule
- The Causes of Procrastination And How To Conquer Them
- How To Make Resolutions You’ll Keep
- Literal Life Hack: Cut your window of time in half
- New Year’s Resolutions and Deficit Thinking
- 6 Sleep Tips
- Risks versus Rewards Worksheet
- 5 Tips for Getting Out of Debt (and Why)
- Deep Breathing: A Great Health Trick
- 8 Expenses to Cut and How
- Desk-side Fitness
Are there any lifehacks that you’ve learned over the past year?
Featured photo credit: Rainier Ridao via unsplash.com