Number 7 in the greatest tools of all time list is that weightiest of tools known as the Tie-Rod Separator. This hard forged tool is reminiscent of nothing so much as a giant tuning fork and its use will bring music to your ears. It is no less than twelve inches in length and has a great heft in the hand.
Here are a few of its greatest uses.
- Taking the slack out of a heavy chain.
- Prying open just about anything.
- Lifting a heavy door in place while working on the hinges.
- Lifting up on suspension springs while inserting a spring “helper.”
- Wedge it under the door of the motel and you won’t need to worry about visitors when you are traveling.
- Pop open that rusty toolbox.
- Stick the grip end into the ground and you can brace your rifle between the tines.
- Engage in Medieval combat.
- Impersonate King Trident at the “Under the Sea” festival.
- Separate a tie rod end, but it does a poor job of it.
What are your uses for this indispensable tool?
Reg Adkins writes on behavior and the human experience at (elementaltruths.blogspot.com).