What is more useful than a nice hefty rock? You can almost always find one the perfect size (which is just a little bigger than your fist). Yes it’s primitive but it sure makes an “I’m all business” statement.
Look down this list and tell me you haven’t used a big ole rock for at least a few of these tasks.
- Body Work. Banging a dent out from inside your fender well.
- Door Scotch. Holding open a door.
- Helper. Pounding on the end of that oversized screwdriver.
- Persuader. Convincing the neighborhood junk yard dog to find his sport elsewhere.
- Secretary. Holding down diagrams on the hood of your truck.
- Coaching Tool. Using it to mark the defensive team players in flag football plays.
- Physical Science tests. Seeing how far you can skip a flat one across the lake.
- Emergency Access. Hiding an extra key in the bushes in case you lock yourself out. You thought I was going to say break a window, didn’t you?
- Fire Starter. Smack two of the flinty ones together and you can make a spark.
- Whetting Tool. Nothing manmade is better for putting an edge on a cutting tool.
So Caveman, do you have a favorite “rock” tool?
Reg Adkins writes on behavior and the human experience at (elementaltruths.blogspot.com).