I see email work flow is very important, because one of my biggest communication channels is using email – I will keep optimize my method to handle email.
Similarly, Grant Robertson has written a good summary on using Gmail and his five simple rules to keep his inbox empty. By using both he saves 10 hours a month:
- If you don’t need to read it now, it shouldn’t be in your inbox.
- If you’ve already responded to it, it shouldn’t be in your inbox.
- If it comes from a known source (some person, retailer or mailing list that sends you mail more often than once every few months) it should be labeled automatically.
- No one needs to look at their own inbox more than once an hour (and for many, once every 2-3 hours).
- To borrow from the cult of GTD, re-factor constantly and mercilessly.
Five simple rules for keeping an empty inbox – [Download Squad]