According to Business Insider, we are only productive about three days a week. If we were only tired for these three days, perhaps this would be alright. The fact of the matter is, though, that most of us work very hard at least five days a week, only to get about three days’ worth of work done. So what is to be done about this? How are we meant to increase our productivity? The same Business Insider article tells us six things we can do to be more productive each day.
- Start your day out calmly. If you begin your day in a good mood, you’re more likely to continue being productive throughout the day.
- Avoid checking your email first thing in the morning. Expert Tim Ferriss emphasizes how important it is to avoid reacting. If you react to others, you are essentially saying that they take priority over you. As the adage goes, ¨your failure to plan does not constitute an emergency for me.¨
- Examine your tasks and consider how important they are. Eliminate tasks that do not matter, plain and simple.
- Get rid of as many distractions as possible. Developing a sort of tunnel vision when it comes to your work will ensure that your time is spend much more productively.
- Set your own personal routine and follow it. Creating your own system for completing tasks is essential to productivity. You can get inspired by blogs on productivity, but you’ll do much better when you customize a routine that works for you.
- Write your daily to-do list the night before. This does not even need an explanation, does it? Knowing what you need to do before you need to do it is an invaluable part of the productivity toolbox.
How do you increase your productivity? Share below!