We need someone to motivate us at some points of our lives. Garrio Harrison has collected 10 really inspiring TED talks videos on Quora.
These 10 people have delivered some of the most inspiring talks that have a great impact on a lot of lives and will positively change your perspective on life.
1. Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action
The impact: The concept of clearly defining one’s why was introduced to me by one of my mentors. I revisit this talk often to remind myself of its importance.
2. Richard Branson: Life at 30,000 feet
The impact: It’s easy for us to lionize business leaders. It’s also important to remember they too are human. I found hearing Richard speak so honestly about his entrepreneurial journey truly inspiring.
3. Jonathan Harris: The art of collecting stories
The impact: This talk helps me remember the ‘human’ needs that inspire the social web’s evolution.
4. Daniel Kahneman: The riddle of experience vs. memory
The impact: I found this talk thought-provoking and revisit it whenever I have an important decision to make.
5. Susan Cain: The power of introverts
The impact: As an introvert, I found this talk truly inspiring.
6. Malcolm Gladwell: What we can learn from spaghetti sauce
The impact: Malcolm Gladwell instantly became my favorite author after I watched this talk. I now view the world more analytically.
7. Graham Hill: Less stuff, more happiness
The impact: After seeing this talk, I got rid of my car in favor of public transportation. I also began to invest in more experiences and began spending less on things.
8. Steven Johnson: Where good ideas come from
The impact: This talk changed the way I think about ‘ideation’.
9. Matthieu Ricard: Habits of happiness
The impact: I also found this talk thought-provoking and revisit it whenever I have an important decision to make.
10. Rachel Botsman: The case for collaborative consumption
The impact: This talk changed the way I view resources.
Featured photo credit: TED Conference via flickr.com