“If you could only read one book in your entire life, what would it be?” Someone proposed this question on Quora recently.
To answer this question, contributors from all across the world responded in details with the book they think is the best. They are content writers, published writers, bloggers, CEOs, students, and avid readers. They recommended a variety of books, from topics on self-motivation to interpersonal relationships, from classical to modern popular hits, from life stories to life philosophies.
Who should use the list?
It doesn’t matter if you are a bookworm, or just a casual reader, I am 95% sure you have experienced the frustration of not finding a suitable book to read.
The most convenient path is to go with the majority. There must be a reason behind the popularity of a certain literature or publication, because it is a well-known classic, it must be good.
But does the bestselling book or the most famous classical literature is the best for you? Ratings and sales should not be the only parameters you consider, reviews from others are equally helpful.
We’ve hand-picked the BEST 20 from the list:
- Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid – Douglas Hofstadter
- Psycho-Cybernetics – Maxwell Maltz
- The Tirukkural – Thiruvalluvar
- The Prophet – Maxwell Maltz
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
- Book Thief – Markus Zusak
- The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint Exupery
- Mahabharata – Vyasa
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Prophet – Kahlil Gibran
- Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Collection – Arthur Conan Doyle
- 7 habits of Highly Effective people – Steven Covey
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- Meditation – Marcus Aurelius
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd – Agatha Christie
- Best of Quora (2010–2012)
- Man’s search for meaning – Dr Viktor Frankl
- A Short History Of Nearly Everything – Bill Bryson
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Believe in Yourself, Dr. Murphy
Find your perfect book here.
After all, this list is subjective, so don’t feel scammed if you couldn’t find a book that suits you in this list. Trust me, you have a decent amount of publications to skim through in this list on Quora. Choose the genre that you like or you want to read, then follow that direction and I’m sure you will find the one book you can’t live without. Click here to read the full list and start your book discovery journey!
Featured photo credit: Andrew Branch via unsplash.com