Retirement is a special mark in your life to tell you that it is time to do whatever you like and whenever. You do not need to be thinking about work all the time. However, things seem not to be that simple because if you do not have a good preparation both mentally and financially, you can put your retirement life into a nightmare.
Throughout your retirement life, stress will often come in many different forms. It is a silent killer because it can cause heart attacks, high blood pressure, angina and irregular heartbeat.
In this article, you can find the best solutions to live your retirement life to the fullest free from stress.
1. Social connection is crucial
Retirement life is not the end. It opens a whole new chapter. You should take this precious time to connect with your relatives, friends, neighbors or participate in a club. The social connection is really essential to maintain your healthy life physically and mentally. Sometimes, you might think it is difficult to do, but trust me that it is pretty easy and simple as follow:
– Plan to have interesting activities with your friends.
– Schedule a BBQ or special event with your relatives.
– Take part in a mini class.
– Follow your hobby which you have not had the chance to do it before.
– Travel and see the world from different angle.
Just listen to your heart and discover what deeply insides you.
2. Take good care of your health
You should maintain a “suitable” exercise schedule with many different activities. However, the question is how to know what is suitable. The answer is just simple: when you feel no pain doing it. It is suitable for you. Here are some recommended activities for your reference:
– Start jogging at the park or around your neighbor. Remember not to go too fast or jogging with bare feet. You should choose the right shoes for your feet. Take the rest whenever you feel tired and apply enough water.
– Do gardening is also a great way to be healthy. The only problem with gardening is weed control. The weed killer can definitely help but you need to choose the right one.
You then also take a deeper look at what you eat every day. Try not to have one heavy meal, you should eat many small meals throughout the day instead. Sometimes, your body can not digest all the needed nutrition and vitamins. Supplements will then be a great choice for your health.
3. Try the heart lock-in technique
When you feel stress or depressed, you can close your eyes and follow these steps:
- Listen to your heartbeat, then slowly breathe in deeply.
- Remember or think of someone or something that is really important in your life.
- Follow your intuition and let your emotion all out.
- Listen to the instructions of your heart and you will know how to deal with the situation.
4. Be the boss of your money
You have worked two thirds of your life to earn money. Now it should be the time to enjoy life without stressing out about this matter. Never put all your eggs in one rack. Dividing your retirement money into four portions:
- Put the first portion into saving account for emergency usage.
- Second portion for investment to generate interest.
- Third portion to live and enjoy life.
- Fourth portion to travel and follow your hobby.
If you have not retired, have prepared for the best possible as you can, which includes paying off debt. If you are retired, make cuts unnecessary costs, live within the budget that you have, share with other retirees and seeking pleasure in the simple life.
Featured photo credit: Retirement life via pixabay.com