Music and sounds work differently according to the environment they are being played in. Different room sizes and shapes can make a huge difference in the quality of the sound. Studios have sound proof rooms in which to record the sound and listen to it properly.
Car music systems work in the same way. Different cars have different music systems with different sound quality. If you are an audiophile, then the difference of sound quality is going to be noticeable in various cars.
One of the main things you want to have in your vehicle is a subwoofer. The subwoofer is an excellent compliment to your music system because it gives a better sound quality to your music.
Every sound has three essential parts or compartments. These are compartments are –
Lows – The lows are the low-frequency sounds which produce mainly bass in a song, but all low-frequency sounds fall into this category. Music is incomplete without low-frequency sounds. It’s all about that bass.
Mids – Mids are middle-frequency sounds, which include the vocal parts, piano or guitar chords. Kicks are also used for this compartment.
Highs – The last chamber of sound is the highs. Snares, white noise, high hats, and percussion, etc. require the high compartment.
So in this article, we are going to focus on the low to mid frequency sounds. For these frequencies, an 8-inch subwoofer mostly does the job. To be specific, we are going to concentrate on subwoofers for car stereo systems.
Subwoofers are usually installed in the trunk of cars, and that’s because it is the best possible way to produce good sub bass.
You might have noticed when the bass is turned up a little too much your car seems to vibrate and if you cross the limit. Subwoofers can come very handy here since you can turn it up without much distortion to your vehicle. That means subwoofers are one of the best tools to have if you play lots of music in your car.
Why you need the best quality subwoofers in cars?
Since your car is not a full-fledged studio, there are some limitations that you have to keep in mind. If you turn up the bass too much, you can end up breaking your car windows. To avoid that you need to have subwoofers that have a supported sound.
Subwoofers come in different shapes and sizes. What kind of subwoofers should you install in your car to get the best sound out of it? Let’s find out in this article.
Below are some tips you need to have good sound in your car
- Install new speakers – if you are still using the manufacturer speakers, then you need to quickly remove it because the speakers employed by the producer are of poor quality and deliver bad quality sound compared to aftermarket speakers. Install a nice pair of speakers, and you will experience a far better sound quality.
- Store music files which are of low compression – selecting and playing low compression can bring you a better music quality than the compressed music. Your mp3 player or iPod may be suitable for any compressed music, but for your car speakers, it’s superior to store and play high bit rate and low compression songs or music.
- Use Digital to analog converter (DAC) – when you are playing music by connecting the aux chords to your iPhone, it will produce better sound quality because DAC can convert the digital information into analog music signals. Your inbuilt speakers don’t have a high-quality DAC like your iPhone, and hence it will produce sounds that aren’t as good as the music created from your iPhone via DAC.
- Use sound deadening material –one of the best sound deadening materials is Dynamat. This is perfect for the cars which have speakers in the door panels. Playing music from the speakers stored in door panel will vibrate the panel, and the sound will not be accurate. Using Dynamat will avoid that vibration and will deliver more accurate sound.
- Use an amplifier – The fifth and the last tip is to use an amplifier in your car music system. Your speakers might produce high watt power for your music, but an amplifier will remove the sound even more. You will hear the difference.
These tips will help you get the best sound quality in your car, but the main thing you want to have is the subwoofer. To balance all the sounds and you need a subwoofer. It makes a whole lot of difference in your listening experience.
Since subwoofers come in different shapes and sizes, you need to have the perfect set for your car. what sub you need also depends on the type of music you like to play in your car. Subwoofers are not just for music with heavy bass. You can adjust the decibel according to the genre you are listening to so a subwoofer is a must in your car. Remember, not just any subwoofer but the best subwoofer for your vehicle and you will never have a bad car stereo experience again.
Featured photo credit: speaker/https://morguefile.com/search/morguefile/1/speaker/pop via morguefile.com