We all know that California is one of the best states to live in and raise a family in. People love California because of its weather, lovely landscapes, tourist attractions, and quality of life in general.
Long Beach is centrally located between Los Angeles and Orange County, and of course, that is a great location. When the summer arrives, SoCal is a favorite destination for many people. There are Long Beach residents who say that their hometown is just like Los Angeles, but shrunk to a more manageable size, and that’s completely true! This place is like a breath of fresh air after spending time in big cities.
Some citizens say that Long Beach is “a big city with a small-town vibe.” It’s full of arts, culture, adventures, sunshine and smiles. It is also a multicultural place with a cosmopolitan feel, where you can find people from many states, countries, faiths and denominations! So, here are some great things Long Beach offers that will show you why people enjoy living there. After reading this, you might consider a move or a vacation to Long Beach!
1. Great Location
As we’ve already mentioned, Long Beach is located within Southern California, and it is pretty easy to move around the area. You can head to Los Angeles, visit Anaheim and Disneyland for the weekend, or maybe visit Santa Monica’s Pier. California road trips are famous, and tourists love to drive around the area.
2. Nice Weather Conditions
Long Beach is where the beaches in Southern and Northern California have the hottest temperatures and warmest ocean water for both summer and winter vacations. You will find many sunny days here, and you can enjoy walking around the city even during winter (which is not very cold or harsh, compared to most other cities and states in the nation).
3. The City Has Its Own Airport
This is one of the biggest benefits of this locale, and tourists and residents alike are glad this airport exists. We all know about all the chaos and traffic of LAX, so you should consider this alternative option for traveling without any hassle.
4. Many People Are Moving to Long Beach
It seems like there are more and more people moving to this city and the surrounding area due to its popularity. If you’re already a resident and you want to beat the incoming crowds, there are companies able to buy a house in Long Beach quickly, which will allow you a quick transition. Locals say that their life quality is pretty good and involves nothing like the chaos and movement of L.A. Long Beach is a relatively quiet city with a big essence, and there are many of us who think that “life is better and happier close the beach.”
5. Living on the Beach Is Healthier
You might think this is not serious, but living on or close to a beach can bring multiple benefits to your health. Here are some of them:
– The ultraviolet rays in sunshine can improve your sense of physical and emotional well-being by stimulating the production of vitamin D.
– Hearing the sound of the waves will definitely bring a state of calm; it has been scientifically proven that the sound of waves can make us feel more calm and relaxed.
– You can exercise on the beach and enjoy your routines more than if you are confined to a gym. You can take a daily walk on the sand, practice some yoga, or even run around. People love working out in Long Beach.
– Teresa Tarmey, a skincare specialist, says that the sunshine and seawater can help to clear up problematic skin issues just by drying the skin out. She also says that the salt is a natural exfoliant and that the seawater leaves skin looking younger, tighter and smoother.
You should also know that Long Beach has a beautiful downtown area with many tourist attractions, like the famous Aquarium of the Pacific, multiple bars and restaurants, and of course, the East Village Arts District. You can be sure that you will find the perfect attraction for everybody in your family.
Certainly, living in Southern California is like living on vacation. There is always something to do or a new place or neighborhood to explore. This big city with a small feel has many things to offer, and that is what makes Long Beach such an awesome place to live in or travel to.