What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word Florida? Is it the sun? The beach? Entertainment? Well, all those thoughts are much more than just thoughts.
Florida is actually one of the most perfect places for living, traveling, and working, and several studies have evaluated its aspects, such as the affordable cost of living, health care, social living standards, climate, etc. as massive pull factors to the Sunshine State.
Below are some more detailed reasons to live (or just visit) this beautiful state.
1. Its interesting facts:
- Florida is the only state to have an “Embassy” in Washington, and it’s called Florida House.
- Did you know that Florida has the longest coastline in the United States? Yes, its coastline is 1,350 miles or 2,170 km. Also, Florida is the only state in the United States that borders with the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.
- It is the only state that has 2 rivers with the same name; pretty fun isn’t it? There is a Withlacoochee River in Madison County and a Withlacoochee River in central Florida, but they have nothing in common except the name.
- Florida is the only state in the nation whose Constitution is reviewed every 20 years. Yes, many states (and countries) should do the same.
- Florida is the largest producer of citrus fruits in the USA and second in the world, with even the car license plates having little oranges painted on them.
- Florida is one of seven states in the nation with no state income tax – good news for you and your pocket.
2. It is one of the best places to make real estate investments.
It seems that the land of sand has been considered as a real estate gold mine. As we know, there are many cities and states that are recovering from the recession (Florida was one of them), but the current picture and trend is positive and has a renewed interest in real estate investments.
Nowadays, there are many people moving to, and in and around Florida, buying and selling houses fast, and trying to make good investments and business there because the housing market is heating up; new homes in some specific areas are in high demand, and its prices and values are increasing.
3. There are many recreational activities and entertaining places.
In this state, sports fanatics, travelers, tourists, adventurers, and athletes are really happy because of the multiple events, activities, and entertaining places Florida has. There are many attractions for everybody’s likes and interests.
It seems like Florida has it all for all tastes. There are some of the world’s most famous theme parks, restaurants, and cultural scenes. If you are planning to go there, or to buy a house and start a new life, you can be sure that there are many living and entertaining options to satisfy everybody; every taste and every budget.
4. You will feel welcome every time.
You will probably hear “Welcome to Florida, the sunshine State!” almost everywhere, and you will feel a good vibe instantly. Floridians are known to be sweet and welcoming people; they are used to the bombardment of tourists everywhere, and they have developed a patient and accommodating nature.
Floridians also know how to have fun, and maybe that’s because they have “the greatest and happiest place on earth” – Disney Theme Parks!
5. Delicious gastronomy.
You will find many gourmet restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. around Florida, and you can be sure that everything will be fresh and delicious. As I said, their fresh fruit comes straight from the orchards and seafood from well, the sea (never far away).
You will see many outdoor or beachfront restaurants and great places to relax a little bit, and feel like you are on a vacation every time.
Now you have some strong reasons to stay, move to, or visit this lovely place; the state that everyone is jealous of. Florida has it all: Food, entertainment, multiple cultures, business opportunities, etc.
What are you waiting for?
Featured photo credit: Sam Wheeler via unsplash.com