Garlic. This low calorie, nutrient-dense, cancer-fighting, immunity booster is a kitchen essential. But the pungent smell left lingering on your hands from peeling it is the price you pay for using this heady herb–until now. You can peel garlic in seconds with an easy trick.
YouTuber DaveHax of DaveHax.com came up with a unique way to peel garlic in seconds without the fuss. His neat trick by-passes the need to struggle with the papery peel, and battle the resulting odor on your hands. Check out his video for an easy way to peel garlic.
For those of you who prefer reading the instructions:
Easy Kitchen Hack to Peel Garlic in Seconds
You will need garlic, and a rubber lid gripper/lid opener like this one:
1. Place the rubber lid gripper on a flat surface.
2. Place an unpeeled clove of garlic on the rubber lid gripper.
3. Roll the lid gripper up (like a tortilla), tight, with the garlic clove inside.
4. Gently roll it back and forth a few times.
5. Unwrap the lid gripper. The peel of the garlic clove should be loose.
6. Pull the peel away from the garlic and discard.
7. If you don’t wish to touch the garlic, use the lid gripper to transfer your unpeeled garlic clove to your cutting board or pot.
Minimal fuss. Minimal mess. And this garlic peeling kitchen hack only takes seconds!
Featured photo credit: DaveHax via DaveHax.com
|||^||National Cancer Institute: Garlic and Cancer Prevention|