Many guys are clueless when it comes to impressing the ladies.
Of course, women tend to be more drawn to personality and maturity than looks (one of the many things that set the genders apart). However, a lot of women also care a lot about a man’s physical appearance. Here are some tips if you want to look sharp the next time you hit the club or want to approach that cute girl at the local coffee shop.
1. Only Grow a Beard if You Are Going to Do it Right
Women tend to have mixed feelings about beards. Part of the problem is that many men just don’t grow their beards out right.
Girls tend to be attracted to men with beards. It is a sign of manliness. However, they want to see that your beard is tidy. If your hair tends to jut out a lot, then you will need to be more diligent about trimming it. This is the biggest secret of all good looking beard styles.
Buzzfeed’s Peggy Wang says that beards are great for some guys, but others should just keep their face clean-shaven.
“Patchy facial hair will always end up looking prickly and slovenly. Time to stop experimenting with the facial hair and start adhering to your clean-shaven regimen.”
2. Get a Workout Before Going Out
Anyone reading this post is probably already working out (or at least thinking about it). Getting exercise keeps you thin and builds muscle, which is a pleasure for the ladies.
However, working out isn’t enough. You also need to know when to work out. There are a couple reasons you may want to hit the treadmill or curl your biceps several hours right before going out:
- It bulks up your muscle for three to four hours. You will look extra buff, which will turn more women’s heads.
- Mild perspiration will release some pheromones, which subtly makes you more interesting.
Of course, you don’t want to be drenched in sweat either. Get a light workout without perspiring too much.
3. Make Sure Your Haircut Matches Your Face
Ryan Jackson, a grooming expert, states that too many people get haircuts that just aren’t right for them. A buzz cut or cropped hair may look great on someone else, but that doesn’t mean it will work for you.
“I used to think I looked fine with buzzcuts, little did I know my face shape/features weren’t suitable for really short hair,” Jackson says. “I realized this after getting feedback from others who told me, ‘It looks bad, you need more hair on the top of your head.’”
4. Start Wearing Slimmer Jeans
You probably never even really thought much about your jeans before. They are just jeans, right?
No. Your jeans play a major role in your physical appearance. Putting on a slimmer pair of jeans can make you look thinner and taller, which are both pluses with the ladies.
5. Dress Sharp
You will feel a lot more confident if you dress nicely. You don’t need to put on a tuxedo every time you go out. In fact, you don’t want to. It looks stupid, as we saw in Step Brothers.
So what should you wear? Here are a couple timeless pieces to include in your wardrobe:
- Denim shirt
- White or blue dress shirts
- Blue blazer
- Loafers or alligator boots
- Gray, white or light blue cardigans
Think carefully every time you dress to go out. Women will probably notice your style before your face or hair.
6. Trim Your Hair Carefully
Remove any unwanted body hair. Having a three o clock shadow may look good when you hit the club on Friday, but other hair should be removed. Here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- Pluck out any stray hairs from your face.
- Remove all nose hairs. It’s a good idea to purchase a nose trimmer because it does a more thorough job.
- Trim your chest and back if necessary. Most women don’t like to see it when they end up at your place.
- If you are very nearly bald, then just shave your hair off. Don’t try to hide it with a combover.
Women like to see some hair on a man, but they want to see it in moderation.