Do you like pumpkin pie but never have time to make one? (I once ended up with a house full of guests and no desserts in the fridge). Luckily, I had a can of pumpkin puree, a little tub of ricotta, and a pie crust tucked away in my pantry. So, I decided to mix it all together and hoped for the best; turned out that my guests liked it. I suppose someone somewhere online has a more sophisticated version of this recipe, but I thought I’d share my version of this quick ricotta pumpkin pie for those in need of a quick pumpkin pie recipe.
What You’ll Need
- 1 Graham pie crust, or other pie crust (about 9 – 10 inches in diameter)
- 1 1/3 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of creamy ricotta cheese (or a usual ricotta, but you’ll need to run it through a blender yourself)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (use more if you like sweeter things)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Optional: eggs for more richness
- Optional: raisins, honey, nuts, etc. for extra flavor
What To Do
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, creamy ricotta, sugar, and cinnamon (if you want your pie to be more rich in texture, add a couple of eggs)
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the pie stand for about 5 minutes after removing it from the oven.
- Decorate with raisins, nuts, and/or honey if you wish, and serve!