Mari Andrew is a writer and illustrator who lives in Washington, D.C., and her painfully honest comics about love have taken the world by storm. All of us have experienced the complexity of love and the roller coaster of emotions that come with it. From dating difficulties to being in a relationship with someone who isn’t right with you, Mari manages to capture exactly how people feel about love.
Here are 12 illustrations about love that most people will be able to relate to.
1. The Perfect Guy Changes As You Grow And Mature
2. The Dating Game Can Be Hard (And A Lot Of Fun)
3. We Learn About Love Through Experience, Which Helps Us Avoid Heartbreak In The Future
4. No-one Likes Waiting For A Reply After Sending A Risky Text
5. Love Can Mean Lots Of Different Things
6. If People Were Honest On Their Dating Profiles, It Would Make Dating Very Easy
7. You Should Never Try To Force A Relationship With Someone
8. Lots Of People Are Single Through Choice
9. There Are Advantages And Disadvantages of Being Single
10. We Are Often Attracted To The Wrong People
11. Sometimes Adults Stay With Someone For The Wrong Reasons
12. Adults Can Struggle To Start Conversations With People They Are Attracted To
Featured photo credit: Mari Andrew via bymariandrew.com