Keylogger is a software program that captures keystrokes on a computer or machine and stores the information as a file that someone can remotely access in order to see what’s being typed on a computer. The software is often associated with harmful purposes like running illegal file distribution, stealing user data, and credit card number scams.
Why Use Keylogger?
We live in a digital age where everything you do online is there forever, so a keylogger can actually help inhibit risky online behavior.
Most people find the idea of espionage on personal and business computers unprofessional, but sometimes it is necessary. When we leave our homes we have no idea what our children are up to on the internet and social media, which is filled with people you can’t trust. Thus, it becomes necessary that we keep an eagle eye on our personal computers when we are away from home.
In a business environment — while we would like to think that all the people we employ are hardworking, trustworthy, and honest — there are some individuals with bad intentions who will ride on the good reputations of others while abusing the corporate machine. The relative damage these few rotten ones can cause as a result of greed and personal gain is directly proportional to their position in the office. Such acts can cause tremendous damage to a company.
Personal and Corporate Keylogger
There are plenty of legal and useful versions of this tool, both for personal and corporate use. It is recommended that before purchasing and installing any keylogger, always research about that particular keylogger. In addition, read some reviews because there are many dubious keyloggers out there, and so you might want to stay clear of poorly reviewed ones in favor of a paid program with an identity and some level of trust. For your own safety, it is highly recommended that you purchase a keylogger instead of using a free download.
Keylogger is often designed for different purposes; therefore, it is important that you go for ones which can multi-task, both for personal and corporate use irrespective of the network or framework involved.
10 Tips for Choosing a Good Keylogger
Care should be taken in choosing a good keylogger. Analysis of several keylogger tools, like Wolfeye keylogger and others, revealed these 10 tips for choosing a good keylogger.
- A good keylogger should be able to run secretly in the background without being noticed by the user while capturing every key that is pressed. That way it is possible to spy on every email and record every conversation.
- A good keylogger should be able to record every website that the user visits on the internet while allowing screenshots to be taken at specific intervals without the user’s consent.
- A good keylogger should have functions that will have all logged in data sent to a specific email address on a regular basis for backup purposes.
- A good keylogger should be able to act like a monitoring device for detecting unauthorized access.
- A good keylogger should act in stealth mode and remain unnoticed.
- A good keylogger should have regular updates so as not to be susceptible to malware and other spamware tools.
- A good keylogger should be flexible and easy to use.
- A good keylogger should be able to handle some amount of data processing without crashing.
- A good keylogger should not expose the authorized user.
- A good keylogger should be secure and safeguarded from unwanted intrusion with the sole aim of stealing data.
Remember, it is very important that you read reviews and check the specific functions before purchasing a specific keylogger and paying for a subscription.
Featured photo credit: https://pixabay.com/ via pixabay.com