Music is the food for the soul.
Everyone listens to music. Many can sing or play an instrument too. But not everyone has the soul of a singer.
You do not have to be a singer or a musician to have the soul of a singer. You could be anyone from any part of the world, of any age or profession. Let me tell you, life will be a little kinder towards you if you do have it.
Do you have the soul of a singer?
You know you have the soul of a singer if:
- You love to sing to yourself, regardless of who is around or who is listening. You often feel the urge to hum, and it is a bit frustrating if you cannot.
- You love the sound of your own voice more than others do.
- You love to play instruments or at least have tried to learn an instrument at some point in your life.
- If you can play it, you love the way you can make an instrument sound.
- If you have thought of gifting someone a song (no, not an album – a song). It means you sing a song for that person and will not sing it for anyone else.
You have the soul of a singer if you think that is one of the most thoughtful gifts someone can give.
- You love the feel of another person singing or playing an instrument. You tend to judge a person by the way he or she sings, and you often get attracted to such people who can sing or play with spontaneity. You love to watch a person who is singing with all his or her heart – whether on stage or in the subway.
- If music can take you to a different world and make you forget your worries. If you can get engrossed and hypnotised by music.
- If listening to music is more than a pastime for you.
If you try to do a math lesson while listening to music you get distracted. You tried putting on a good music and working on a project but you just cannot concentrate when a great music is playing. On the other hand, if you go jogging with music, you lose track of time.
9. You have the soul of a singer if you spend some of your time everyday consciously thinking about music.
It could be thoughts of a certain song or a composition or a particular piece you have heard, but it occupies a part of your conscious thought.
10. If many of your memories are associated with music, such as:
A song or a tune reminds you of a memorable time with your first best friend, or a certain moment when you fell in love, or your mother singing to you as a child, or perhaps a special day in the Church Choir.
11. If music is a form of expression for you. Such as it can help you pour out your emotions in some way – by singing, playing or listening.
12. If a tune has ever been so pleasant that it brought tears to your eyes. You did not understand why it felt sad and beautiful at the same time.
13. If you love collecting music of your choice from friends and family. If you are excited about listening to the latest songs.
14. If you have many friends who share an interest in music and you can actually talk about it. If that conversation gives you immense satisfaction.
15. If people tell you that when you sing or play you forget the rest of the world, and you feel proud to hear that.
What if I have the soul of a singer?
If you do, life will go a bit easy on you. Why?
People who have the soul of a singer may not be able to sing very well, but they are simply in love with the concept of music.
Music, by profession, just like any other, can have good and bad sides. But your emotional attachment with music, that soul of a singer which you have, comes from a very pure place, a place not tainted by selfish desires and demands. Just like meditation, it has far higher benefits than cognitive studies indicate.
If you possess the soul of a singer, you will be spontaneously attracted to similar people. You will find that you can trust a singer quite easily and form opinions about people when they sing their heart out. You will also be happier in life because that is one thing which will never leave you. You will always have that as a third space.
My guitar lies way in a corner but many-a-times it has saved me from serious depression. To me it is a friend who never asks for anything, is only there to help, should I want it or need it. Besides it is also one who has given me few of the best moments in life, moments I can live with forever, memories which will be my most cherished ones in life. That is the benefit of having the soul of a singer!!
You will also be extremely attractive to people around you who also share your soul. Such people will always give you immense happiness because you will interact on a platform which is untainted by selfish interests. If you are really passionate, can also be attractive to other people as a divergent, a person who thinks differently from the masses.
A soul of a singer lives on in people’s memories and reminds them of happy times.
Featured photo credit: Free Images via freeimages.com