Romance is about the little things but honestly, it is actually pretty involving because it requires emotional awareness, good listening skills, sustained attention and planning capabilities. All in all, being romantic isn’t just about displaying a quick mental capability but is also about making and committing to a long lasting investment.
There are numerous reasons why some husbands cringe and panic when the subject of romance is broached. Some of which is due to the pressure of meeting expectations and not disappointing their spouses.
However, let me clarify who I had in mind when I wrote this article –
- This is for those who constantly hear how unromantic they are or have become
- This is for those who are tired of going with the usual gifts such as flowers, card, and perfumes
- This is for those who want to cultivate a steady and continuous romantic lifestyle
- Honestly, it is for everyone believe it or not
So dear husbands, you can become a master in romance and here’s why you should.
- First, you should know that “little things mean the world to women”. These little things have a supernatural effect on women that leads to many, amazing benefits in the home.
- Secondly, you should know that catching your wife off guard every now and then adds sizzle, spark, and drama to marriage. Catching a woman off guard disarms her totally.
- Thirdly, you should know that women desperately crave and yearn for romance in relationships. It is like oxygen to a woman’s soul and a lubricant to the joints of any relationship.
5 Little Things To Take Your Relationship To A Different Level
1. Leave a provocative voice mail message
This is a classic. Call your spouse when you know he or she is unavailable such that you have access to the voicemail to drop your ‘dangerous message’. In no small terms explain how naughty she has been and how you intend to curb her naughtiness. In ‘stern’ terms and using a deep voice for effect let her know she is in for a ‘treat’. The use of ‘I will do…” this and that — is highly recommended.
You must back up your words with some serious actions because it is true that ‘actions’ speak louder than ‘words’.
2. Send a provocative message via text
This is similar to the first idea, and should be used as a counter-intuitive attacking measure. If you want to be romantic, you must have ‘game’. Your words must be unique and expressive.
Relax as you compose your text message and please make it situational. Don’t just copy a few lines from the internet or from a track, that’s lame. Make it about you and your words…
If there are pressing situations at home, perhaps when your wife has been complaining or stressed lately, then adapt accordingly. Listen, if she has been distracted lately, let her know your thoughts. If she has been acting silly, let her know you care. If she has been suspecting you of taking her for granted, let her know she is special and you will not in a million years take her for granted.
Polish up your vocabulary, refresh your ‘lines’.
The proof of your affection are buried within those words, make it count.
3. Call her during the day just to tell her you to love her and that you have been thinking about her.
Absolutely, nothing melts the heart of a woman more than letting her know she is on your mind. This singular act alone validates her well being. This is where the element of surprise is very important and you must make sure this is done intentionally and honestly. When she knows her King is thinking about her, even the heavens know as she will float in the sky based on that thought alone.
When you call, resist the urge to say anything about yourself, the children, family issues, work issues and simply make this call all about her alone.
- Let her know that you simply wanted her to know that you are calling to see how she is doing.
- Ask her, how your day has been so far?
- Ask her, is everything okay?
- And then listen to her speak to you.
If you haven’t done this in a while, give the process time as she will attempt to verify your true intentions and not simply a means to an end.
Let her know her thoughts and persuade her otherwise as your intentions are truly for her well-being. If you play your cards right, my man… you will be thanking me later profusely.
4. Tape a note to the bathroom scale or mirror that says “Just Right”
Often times, men complain about their wives’ body without realizing how hurtful those remarks could be especially after a few children. That’s life…
The woman you married has changed and will continue to change as she ages. Lest you forget, you have changed as well. It shocks me during counseling when I hear men complain about their spouse’s body and unknowingly damage their wives’ psyche by saying the wrong, mean and hurtful words.
This is not about getting your wives back to the gym…No, sir!
This is simply staying in the moment. This is about enjoying what and who you both are. This is about appreciation.
Get a note card and please not ruled paper, preferably something colorful (make an effort) and it must be in your own handwriting (do not type it out or send via email)
Write “Just right!” or go crazy, include her pet name, add today’s date and let her know she is simply “Just Right”.
Then tape it on the bathroom mirror.
5. Pray for her concerns
Most women worry and that’s sometimes because they have so many things on their minds considering all the roles played by them. So when she least expects it, pull her aside and lay your hand on her head or her chest and pray with her over her concerns.
- Make it genuine
- It should come from your heart
- Make it short, sweet and to the point
A woman knowing that her King is praying for her will make her safe. There is no better ‘human’ protection like a praying husband. I know she will thank you for being there and what joy she must feel when she knows you care about her worries and perhaps, more importantly, know what to do with that worry.
In conclusion, remember that the firm foundations of a romantic relationship are built upon the delights of surprise. Your actions, words, and intentions must be deliberate. They must be properly executed as well for full effect.
I wish you and yours an amazingly rich and romantic relationship and do not forget the flowers, boxes of chocolates, and gift bags.
Featured photo credit: Wonderful Spring Blooms BY VIKTOR HANACEK via picjumbo.com