1. Get active
Exercise will stimulate your body to move food through your system, reducing the time that it may sit in your bowels. In addition, it will increase your metabolism, and relax you physically and mentally.
Do 75-150 minutes of aerobic exercise per week, or 15 to 30 minutes five times a week. Remember to choose an activity that you enjoy! Start out easy and work up to more strenuous exercise.
2. Eat more small meals
If you are constipated, the faeces are not moving through your system as they should. This means that they have extra time to ferment in your bowels and are likely to produce more gas. They may also block the passage of gas.
Eating frequent small meals keeps your system continually busy without burdening it with more than it can handle. Try eating less at your normal meal times and then adding a snack between breakfast and lunch and then again between lunch and dinner.
3. Eliminate habits that cause you to swallow air
If you have any of the habits below, you may often swallow air without recognising that you are doing it.
- Sipping drinks with a straw
- Gulping your food
- Chewing gum or eating hard candies
You should consider to change these habits which make you swallow air more often, leading to bloating and gassiness.
4. Manage stress
Your body naturally produces stress hormones when you are under a lot of pressure. These hormones can alter your digestion. If you are under a lot of stress, try managing it as a way of alleviating your body’s response to it.
- Use relaxation techniques like visualising calming images, meditation, yoga, massage, Tai chi, music/art therapy, deep breathing.
- Get enough sleep. If you are well rested with 7-8 hours of sleep per night, you will be better able to withstand the stress and to devise creative solutions to your problems.
- Maintain a social network with friends and family, which provide you with social support.
Extra VIDEO on reducing bloating in 3 days!
Credits to FitLifeTV