Many companies are turning toward content recommendation networks for their marketing strategy. These networks help with Internet marketing by providing content for specific purposes. The networks use tactics that help large companies and small businesses stay ahead of the competition.
What are content recommendation networks?
These networks are part of the digital advertising industry. It’s also called native advertising, which is a hot trend in advertising today. The companies make sure they buy advertising and place advertising in the right target markets online. They write native content and place ads in social media and on certain sites. Publishers and entrepreneurs must understand who the major players are in content recommendation.
Who provides content recommendations?
Many companies claim to provide content and native advertising, but some are more well-known than others. If you want to trust your content placement with digital agencies, you might want to pick one of these companies.
- RevContent – This company claims to have 200 billion content recommendations per month. RevContent is trusted by some of the largest corporations in the United States. You get reports and special services. The company believes in building relationships instead of just doing something.
- Outbrain – This one operates quietly on more than 100,000 websites today. Outbrain is behind 150 billion content recommendations a month that occur on 15 billion page views. Because of this amount, Outbrain says it holds 87 percent of the U.S. Internet community. It is considered one of the largest players out there.
- Taboola – Like Outbrain, Taboola offers 150 billion content recommendations per month. They only show on 400 million users’ views. The company says it has more than 1 million pieces of digital content in the marketplace.
- Zergnet – Considered the baby of the content recommendation network family, Zergnet has a solid product that could grow quickly if it grows right. Zergnet is one of the 50 most visited websites on the Internet and is financed by Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban! Two graduates from Indiana University created the platform, which boasts more than 400 million article recommendations per day. If you are admitted into the network, you can send and receive blog traffic without paying a penny. About 90 percent of sites are rejected by the network, though. Zergnet still has to compete against the big boys.
- Yahoo Recommends – Besides these, Yahoo is offering native advertising. This is not Yahoo’s main focus though, which means its advertising system isn’t as large as the others. It does attract major publishers, such as Hearst and Vox media. The goal is to help publishers recirculate old content to spark the viral effect.
Benefits of using recommendation networks
- You are seen throughout the Internet. The goal of digital marketing is to allow as many eyes as possible to see your information. The more who read about your product or service, the more likely you will increase the number of customers you have.
- You follow on the wave. You want to be on the forefront of a trend. While native advertising isn’t a new concept, the industry is beginning to embrace it more commonly. Therefore, you want to be right there, riding that wave before the next options comes.
- You will get more customers. Recommendation networks will give you more customers because more people will have read about your product or services.
- You can eliminate ads that don’t work. Unlike print advertising where you have to wait a month before you can remove ads that don’t work, recommendation networks monitor successes. The native advertising that are not drumming up the business prospects will be terminated. You don’t have to wait for it.
- Build your reputation. Native advertising works best when you can promote your brand throughout the Internet. You need a way to build your reputation quickly and succinctly. Recommendation networks will monitor your reputation and help you build it quickly.
Featured photo credit: Blake Johnson via flickr.com