1. Warrior 2
- From Eagle Warrior 3, lower your left leg into a lunge position.
- Spread both arms, and extend your arms out wide, gazing over your right fingers.
- Hold here with the right thigh parallel to the floor for five breaths.
2. Warrior Eagle
- Release your clasped hands, and inhale to rise up into Warrior 1 as you cross your right elbow over your left, bringing your palms together. Exhale as you gently arch back, actively lifting your hands away from your shoulders.
- Stay in this for five breaths, continuing to press the right knee forward over the ankle.
3. Arching Three-Legged Dog
- From Side Fierce, rise back up into Fierce Pose. Fold forward, and take a vinyasa back to Downward Facing Dog.
- Step both feet together so your big toes are touching. Keeping the left heel on the mat, raise your right leg in the air coming into Three-Legged Dog, and then bend the knee. Actively squeeze your right heel in toward your hip, lifting the knee high. Raise as high as you can.
- Lift your head up, turn and look over your left shoulder, arching the spine.
- Hold here for five breaths, keeping the belly still and breathing into the chest.
4. Eagle Warrior 3
- From Warrior Eagle, lean forward, raise your back leg into the air, and balance with the body parallel to the floor.
- Actively extend the arms away from you, and engage the abs for five breaths.
5. Burning Lunge
- Place your left hand back at the front of your mat, and step your right foot forward between your hands.
- Reach your right arm underneath your bent right knee. Interlace both hands in front of your right ankle. Keep all the weight in your legs, resisting the urge to lean into your hands. If this is too hard for your thigh muscle to hold (it’s an intense move!), then rest one or both hands on the floor.
- Breathe deeply in this low lunge for five breaths.
- From Warrior 2, straighten the front leg, and turn the left heel in.
- Bend your knees coming into a wide squat until your thighs are parallel with the ground. Your knees should be directly over your ankles, so adjust your feet if you need to.
- Lift your arms up, bending your elbows so they are at 90-degree angles, open the palms away from you.
- Hold here for five deep breaths.
7. Side Fierce
- Stand at the top of your mat with both feet together. Bend the knees to squat down into Fierce pose.
- Rotate your torso, and cross your right elbow over the outside of your right thigh. Actively press into your outer right arm to lift the torso.
- Pull the right hip back to keep both knees in line and keep weight back into the heels.
- Hold here for five deep breaths, gazing over the left shoulder.
- From Goddess, fold forward, lower the hands to the floor, and come onto the stomach.
- Bend your knees, and hold onto the outside edge of your right ankle, and then your left.
- Once you have a firm hold of each ankle, try to keep your toes together, either pointing or flexing your feet. Lift your feet as high as you can, and shift weight forward so you’re resting on your naval instead of on your pubic bone.
- Hold for five deep breaths, then slowly lower, and lie flat. Turn your head to one side, and shake your hips from side to side to release your lower back.
9. Wild Thing
- From Arching Three-Legged Dog, keep your left foot and right hand where they are.
- Draw your right knee into your chest, raise your left hand up, and simultaneously rotate your torso 180 degrees so your belly is pointing up toward the ceiling as you plant your right foot on the ground about a foot and a half to the right of your left foot.
- Deeply arch the spine, and reach your left fingertips toward the floor.
- Actively press into your feet and right hand to lift the hips as high as you can, breathing here for five breaths, gazing at your extended hand.
- If you are not capable to do this, just keep your hands underneath your waist.