EMCO MSI Package Builder is an installation repacking tool integrated with Live Monitoring technique. This technology does not create snapshots unlike conventional repackaging tools; instead it simply communicates with the Operating System to trace the modifications on the go.
It seems like developers of the tool have taken care of advanced trends and techniques while programming the software. The software enables install and update applications remotely in a silent mode where users do not interact while installation is in process.
System Specifications for Installation
Hardware: Minimum hardware requirements for installation of the converter software are 1 gigabyte RAM (2GB recommended), 1GHz processor (2GHz recommended) specifically, Intel Pentium or Equivalent along with 250 megabytes of free space on storage media whereas 500 MB is recommended.
Software: The software is compatible to run over following Operating Systems:
- Windows 10/ Windows 8/ 8.1/ Windows 7/ Windows 2003/ Windows XP (SP3)/ Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2012 (R2)/ 2008 (R2)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (3.5 SP1 recommended)
Before initiating the installation process, it is recommended to ensure Administrative rights on the machine as the program needs access to registry and tracks file system during monitoring mode.
MSI Package Builder (v6.0.7) is available in two different versions that includes
- MSI Package Builder Professional: Allows repackaging EXE installation into MSI packages in a silent mode using installation monitoring.
- MSI Package Builder Enterprise: Allows access to both wrapping and installation monitoring for repackaging.
Both the versions come with different features and functionality parameters. User can purchase desired edition to convert EXE to MSI as per requirements.
Features Incorporated in the Software
- Software creates MSI automatically
- EXE to MSI repackaging
- Customized installation
- Build MSI for remote installation
- Set & modify file attributes such as hidden, read-only, etc.
- Shortcuts for posting comments and arguments available
- Resource Management features incorporated
Benefits & Advantages Offered
- The software prevents manual efforts and time that is spent in installation and update of the installation tasks in organizations.
- Remote installation tools must work without any kind of interaction with the users i.e. in a silent mode. EMCO MSI Package Builder repackages the installation tools to produce silent MSI’s that are equipped for remote deployment.
- The software not only transforms EXE to MSI, but also provides access to resultant MSI package and its integrated content. This content can be changes or edited when required.
- Installation model is displayed on the screen in a straight visual form and this can be changed through visual editor. The process to convert EXE to MSI is accomplished within 10 minutes from initiation.
- Integrated with ‘Live Monitoring’ technology that creates installation model with a defined set of installation action and resources. 1
- This application has inbuilt capability to track or monitor performance of any remotely installed application and allows administrator or support person to manage/update/edit or even un-install the application. You can check the application for upgrade, API required or any modification required through this tool.
A Look at the Software Interface
The software is incorporated with advanced ribbon based interface and this makes it quite easy to understand even for first time users. The functional steps are self descriptive and do not require any technical expertise. The content can be viewed in various views that include Registry, File System, Services, Drivers, Environment variables, Pre & Post Actions, Assemblies and Wrapped packages.
MSI Package Builder is meant to offer a straightforward procedure to repackage third party installations. It is an easy approach to create customized installations in MSI format. Repackaging wizards easily takes the user to MSI format that is generated automatically. To understand the functional features of the software, it is recommended to go through its trial version before making payment for the paid edition.